Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mazatlan Frank Send a message via Yahoo to Mazatlan Frank
Default Mazatlan, Mexico information

Hola amigos
I am back after a while of abscence. I am going to try to be a little more active, specially in these months when business starts getting slower.
Please go ahead with questions about Mazatlan. As you know, I like to be helpful and this is my way of promoting my city.

I have read some threads that are quite offensive to our city and I am sorry that they have had bad experiences, but that does not mean that the whole city or all the people are the same.

I have met so many people in the years I have been in business and there have been so many that not only came back, but came to stay. At this moment there is so much investment going on. They are building so many full time condominiums and they are selling as fast as tortillas! So that means something.

Anyways, I am here to answer questions so please go ahead and ask.

And while you are in Mazatlan, enjoy!

Mazatlan Frank
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Admiral

Default Hola Frank

I took your tour on the Day of the Dead 2007 with a group of 12 women 1 man. You had to get an extra van for my group which you did. You did a custom City Colonial tour. My entire group had a wonderful day, we saw bricks made, went to a bakery, to the lovely 17th century town of Concordia, had a wonderful lunch at a restaurant on the beach, went shopping, saw the cliff divers, toured the Golden zone plus you took us to a cemetary to see how this holiday is celebrated in Mexico. I enjoyed Mazatlan very much, I hope to return one day.

I'm truely shocked some people have said some negative things about Mazatlan, but I think they didn't know what to see, or wasted their money on a ships tour. We got so much more for so much less. I learned so much about the culture from you, you answered all our questions, we were all very happy we choose to tour with you. I can honestly say it was the best tour I went on my cruise! Thankyou!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old March 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mazatlan Frank Send a message via Yahoo to Mazatlan Frank
Default Re: Hola Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
I took your tour on the Day of the Dead 2007 with a group of 12 women 1 man. You had to get an extra van for my group which you did. You did a custom City Colonial tour. My entire group had a wonderful day, we saw bricks made, went to a bakery, to the lovely 17th century town of Concordia, had a wonderful lunch at a restaurant on the beach, went shopping, saw the cliff divers, toured the Golden zone plus you took us to a cemetary to see how this holiday is celebrated in Mexico. I enjoyed Mazatlan very much, I hope to return one day.

I'm truely shocked some people have said some negative things about Mazatlan, but I think they didn't know what to see, or wasted their money on a ships tour. We got so much more for so much less. I learned so much about the culture from you, you answered all our questions, we were all very happy we choose to tour with you. I can honestly say it was the best tour I went on my cruise! Thankyou!

Hola amiga!
Yes of course I remember you all! I dont go to cemeteries very often

I enjoyed a lot also. I think that is the reason. It is like the "free tours" that the timeshares give in Mazatlan. They are taken to jewlery stores and restaurants, because nothing is free. The problem is they do not tell people that and then the people are complaining.
I think a tour is seeing the real things, unless of course it is a shopping tour.
Anyways, nice to hear from you and hope to see you here again.
All the best!

Mazatlan Frank
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Passenger

The cathedral is named Immaculate Conception. They started filling in the area where it is built in 1856, because it was swampland. The construction of the building was started in 1875 and finished in 1899. One of the front towers is from 1904 and the other 1920. It was up graded to a Basilica in 1937.
Something different about the cathedral is that in the days they were building it, there was a Jewish family living in Mazatlan. They donated a large amount of money (not specified) to help the locals continue building the church. The family did not want to be mentioned or the amount either.
Anyways, in appreciation, they put the star of david in all the top windows. You will see the window has an arch, below the arch is the star of david.
I always thought that it was the only one, but someone told me that in Florence Italy there is another one and it is true.
But not many churches like this!
ANother thing about the cathedral is the pipe organ. There are only 2 of these left. One in Germany in a museum (cannot be fixed) and the one in Mazatlan which can be fixed.
If you would like to donate some money towards the restoration of the cathedral and the pipe organ , inside you will find some boxes where you can donate.

Enjoy it while in Mazatlan.

Mazatlan Frank
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default tour

Hello Frank, We will be arriving 11/18/08 on the Oosterdam. Just two of us. Will you having any tours at that time?
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain dog
Hello Frank, We will be arriving 11/18/08 on the Oosterdam. Just two of us. Will you having any tours at that time?

I sent you a pm amigo

Gracias

Mazatlan Frank
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default pm

I got your pm WE will get back to you. Thanks
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Default cathedral

Yes the church was beautiful so was the town. Thankyou for the information as I forgot the details. I loved the drive into the peaceful villages in the Serra Madres, away from the crowds and other tourists. The village was lovely, so was the church. I left a donation in the box. I enjoy seeing sites with so much history. I know many more people will enjoy your tour, Frank! Good luck to you and your family!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: cathedral

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
Yes the church was beautiful so was the town. Thankyou for the information as I forgot the details. I loved the drive into the peaceful villages in the Serra Madres, away from the crowds and other tourists. The village was lovely, so was the church. I left a donation in the box. I enjoy seeing sites with so much history. I know many more people will enjoy your tour, Frank! Good luck to you and your family!

Yes, the countryside is really nice. I call it the real old Mexico. It is the way many people imagine mexico. Cities are nice but towns are different. There is so much to see around here. Many towns and villages and even the city itself. >It is a place you have to dicover.

Have fun and enjoy Mazatlan, thanks showcat for the nice wishes.

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Passenger

Default Señor Frogs in Mazatlan

Did you know that the Señor Frogs restaurant bar (not the stores) started in Mazatlan? Yes, we have the original Señor Frogs which started in the 1970´s at the Hotel Las Arenas (Sands) on Avenida del Mar and moved in the 1980's to where it is now, three blocks north of the original location.
Other Señor Frogs now are in P.V., Tijuana, Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Rico and other locations.
Good drinks and a wild place, good for dancing on the tables (been there, done that). My favorite, the BBQ ribs, very good!

Well, the news now is that Señor frogs is moving from its location for years to El Cid Hotel. Yes, they will be on the main avenue in the golden zone (Av Camaron Sabalo) at El Cid, so they will be in the action zone.

They plan to move there this summer 2008. I will let you know more when I hear more.

Just so you know.............

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Admiral

I was in Mazatlan in October 2006 and took a van tour with Raul of Mazatlan tours. We found both the tour and Mazatlan to be a great experience. Raul was a GREAT tour guide! I highly recommend his tour. He was one of the most knowledgable tour guides I have ever had anywhere. On the way back to the ship, he even stopped at a local firehouse so I could see some of the local equipment and meet some local firefighters!

Mazatlan was, without a doubt, one of the highlights of our Mexican Riviera cruise!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old April 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Beginner

Default Glad I "found" you

I just read a post by Showcat in another forum and sent her a PM to get your email address...and here you are! My husband and I will be sailing on the Oosterdam on Nov 1st. We'd love to talk to you about a tour. Please PM me.

We just booked yesterday, but we are already really excited about our first cruise on the west coast.
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Passenger

Gracias amiga
I just sent you a PM. Hope to hear from you. All the best.

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Default About credit cards

I have taken people to places where they pay with their credit card and almost get a heart attack.
Remember that we are in Mexico and the currency is the Mexican Peso. That means that when you get charged, you get charged in Pesos not in dollars, so that means that your lunch bill was not $700us it was $700 pesos.
When you get your bill back home, you get it converted in dollars. I have heard from many people that actually your bill is even less, due to the international rate of exchange.

Just so you all know........

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Passenger

Default Wireless internet in Mazatlan

In case you bring your laptop on the cruise, and you want to use it. There is wireless internet at the food area of La Gran Plaza mall, also at McDonalds in the golden zone. Some of the hotels have it also, some is free off the air and some might require a password.
Although you probably will not go there, but they have it also at the Mazatlan airport.

If you did not bring your laptop there are plenty of cyber cafes around the city. In the terminal building at the dock, there is one, but <I think it is about 5 us an hour. Outside across the street inside a supermarket, they have computers and it is about 1 or 1.50us and hour. In the golden zone it is probably about 4 to 5us an hour. >But still it is less then on the ships....

Hope this helps.

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:48 AM
First Mate

Hello Mazatlan Frank,
Which El Cid is Senor Frogs going to?
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Old April 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Beginner

Default mazatlan

Hello, I am going on a cruise thru RCL in August 2008 with Mazatlan being one of the ports of call. Have any suggestions on shore excursions that are fun and safe? Thanks, Amber from Texas
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
Hello Mazatlan Frank,
Which El Cid is Senor Frogs going to?
Sr Frogs will be downstairs El Cid Castilla tower. Before this, there was a nightclub called El Caracol. It is now closed and they are remodeling to open Sr Frogs.

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: mazatlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdholly
Hello, I am going on a cruise thru RCL in August 2008 with Mazatlan being one of the ports of call. Have any suggestions on shore excursions that are fun and safe? Thanks, Amber from Texas
There are many excursions that are fun and safe. I consider Mazatlan a safe city. Of course, there is crime but it is a city and it is not the crime rate is not that high. If you want some ideas pm me and I can give you some ideas of things to do while you are in Mazatlan.

Mazatlan Frank
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Beginner

Frank,

I have wonderful things about your tours. I will be traveling to the Mexican RIvera on the July 27th sailing of the Vision of the Seas. Would you please tell me about some of your tours offered in Matzalan

Thanks loads
Carol
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Passenger

Default About the water.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola amigos
I have had this question many times but it is always nice to answer it. People are always concerned about the water to drink.
The water in Mazatlan, is not purified from the tap. It is for washing and bathing but not for drinking. Even us locals, we drink bottled water that they sell by the big jugs. It is 16 pesos for one of those. You can also put in a system to your house but people just prefer buying a few jugs per week.
As for restaurants, things have changed because they want your business.
Before they would not care and just want your money. Now they would like to have you there for breakfast lunch and dinner.
So I would say that most of the restaurants are good with purified water and ice- If you get sick with a margarita, it might not be the ice, but, all the tequila in there!
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Passenger

HI ~ any info you can provide for a small group of 4 that will be on the Sept 28 Pride Sailing would be appreciated. Thanks!
Conquest 1-05
Destiny 10-06
Pride 9-08
Freedom 10-09
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:55 PM
Beginner

Frank,

Will you send me some info on your tours I will be cruising the week of Nov. 9th?

Thanks!!!
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Beginner

Hi Frank,

I just found this board today and would also like some information regarding tours/excursions in Mazatlan. We will be on Vision of the Seas visiting Mazatlan October 15th. We have a large group of varying ages. You can PM me if you'd like. Thanks! Kathy
Old July 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Frank..
We will be in Mazatlan on Thur July31st on Carnival Pride. Could you email information on excursions. Thank you..
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old July 16th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Passenger

Default Re: pm

Hi Frank:

We'll be arriving in Mazatlan on October 29th. What day is the Day of the Dead? Will you be doing any tours with that specific theme? We'd be interested. But we can't take the long tours.

Let us know please?
Tee
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:22 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnky
HI ~ any info you can provide for a small group of 4 that will be on the Sept 28 Pride Sailing would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hola amigos
Sorry for the delay. Tell me what you want to do and I can give you some recomendations, cultural, beach, adventure? tell me please?

Mazatlan Frank
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:26 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINDYBABYL
Frank,

Will you send me some info on your tours I will be cruising the week of Nov. 9th?

Thanks!!!
Hola amiga!
I just PMed you. Have a nice day!

Mazatlan Frank
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:29 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkitkat
Hi Frank,

I just found this board today and would also like some information regarding tours/excursions in Mazatlan. We will be on Vision of the Seas visiting Mazatlan October 15th. We have a large group of varying ages. You can PM me if you'd like. Thanks! Kathy
Hola I just sent a PM. Hope to hear from you. Any questions please ask.

Mazatlan Frank
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:31 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandy
Hi Frank..
We will be in Mazatlan on Thur July31st on Carnival Pride. Could you email information on excursions. Thank you..

Hola amigos
I am so sorry that I was late. Maybe next time I have a chance to meet you. I really hope that you enjoyed Mazatlan and that you come back one more time.

Have a nice week

Mazatlan Frank