Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bull Fight

I would like to go to Tto a Bull Fight in Puerto Val. Are there any on 11/18/08. You probably have to set this up privately. No ship tour for this?
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Bull Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain dog
I would like to go to Tto a Bull Fight in Puerto Val. Are there any on 11/18/08. You probably have to set this up privately. No ship tour for this?
We are going to the Mexician Riviera next February and have been trying to find information for the bull fights there also. Not having any luck. Hopefully someone will give us some info before to long.
Bosslady
Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Okay here some websites I found. I have not never attended a bull fight. I'm more a bloodless kind of gal. In these bull fights the bull is killed. The last website has a way to book however, it appears you are paying a "charge" for the service.
Corrida de Toros is the mexican name.
http://www.virtualvallarta.com/valla...ullfights.html
http://www.visitpuertovallarta.com/p...ullfights.html
http://www.puertovallartatours.net/bullfighting.htm

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Okay here some websites I found. I have not never attended a bull fight. I'm more a bloodless kind of gal. In these bull fights the bull is killed. The last website has a way to book however, it appears you are paying a "charge" for the service.
Corrida de Toros is the mexican name.
http://www.virtualvallarta.com/valla...ullfights.html
http://www.visitpuertovallarta.com/p...ullfights.html
http://www.puertovallartatours.net/bullfighting.htm
Thank you Katlady for all your hard work. Have saved these sites and will be going over them. From my understanding they only do demostrations without the blood shed which is fine with us. Just want to see how it is done. I will let you know which one we decide one. Again thank you for your hard work.
QueenFalina
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Familiar Face

I just don't understand the attraction. I root for the bull.
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Admiral

I'm portuguese and they do Bloodless Bull fights. In fact in California they do the Portuguese bloodless bull fights. I just can't watch thebull being killed. or any animal for that matter. I wouldn't take kids to it.
http://www.californiabullfights.org/ There is a video of a bloodless bull fight on this website.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Passenger

Quote:
I'm portuguese and they do Bloodless Bull fights. In fact in California they do the Portuguese bloodless bull fights. I just can't watch thebull being killed. or any animal for that matter. I wouldn't take kids to it.
http://www.californiabullfights.org/ There is a video of a bloodless bull fight on this website.
We are not into seeing any animal killed just for the sport of it. What we want to see is how they interact with the animal, the style and that we can say we have seen a bullfight. After reading the sites about bullfighting we may rethink about going to them. It seems they do kill the bull which isn't what we want to see. Thank you for all your help. Maybe I can find where I read that does the demo without bloodshed. Happy cruising to everyone.
Old April 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you Katlady, I to am Portuguese and have enjoyed the wonderful art of bull fighting in California and Madrid Spain.The different sub-cultures in the world are fasinating to me. The art is similar in these countries,however very distinct to thier heritage. I am sure the same holds true in Mexico. Thanks again for your time and effort ... Mountain Dog
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Admiral

I like finding things on the internet. I agree with you different cultures are very interesting. I would not disrespect another culture. Some differences are hard to understand if you didn't grow up in that culture. Mountain Dog did you see the California Bull Fight at the Our Lady of Fatima Festa in Thornton CA? They do the demos every year in October. I love the parade of the animals at that Festa.

Queen Falina I hope you can find a bloodless demo it's a very interesting sport. One last portuguese BullFight from California you can see the collar the bull is wearing it's what the sticks go into. Because they don't pierce the skin of the bull the bull doesn't lose blood and does not weaken so it is a harder and in my opinion a more interesting bullfight.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Katlady.....Sorry to take so long to reply.yes I indeed attend a bullfight at Our Lady of Fatima Fiesta. It was a long time ago.I thought it was in Tulare or Merced or Patterson, California. It may have been southern California I do noy recall. I do agree with you that the energy level point you made ia very valid. As I remember the audience was very admiring.I was very young then and I soppose that is what sparked my interest in this so-called sport. What I really enjoyed more than anything was my extended family and all the wonderful food and wine. I was raised drinking a glass of wine everyday with the mid-day meal. Take care...Mountain Dog
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Passenger

Quote:
I like finding things on the internet. I agree with you different cultures are very interesting. I would not disrespect another culture. Some differences are hard to understand if you didn't grow up in that culture. Mountain Dog did you see the California Bull Fight at the Our Lady of Fatima Festa in Thornton CA? They do the demos every year in October. I love the parade of the animals at that Festa.

Queen Falina I hope you can find a bloodless demo it's a very interesting sport. One last portuguese BullFight from California you can see the collar the bull is wearing it's what the sticks go into. Because they don't pierce the skin of the bull the bull doesn't lose blood and does not weaken so it is a harder and in my opinion a more interesting bullfight.
Thank you for all of your help. Not having any luck. Probably will look for something else to do. It was worth the try. Might keep looking but not real earnest. Did check the sites you had listed, they all said the same thing. Again thank you.
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

When you hear the bull scream in agony - you'll leave.

This is nothing short of cruelty to animals, something I'm against. They can easily do a bullfight by tiring the bull out. They choose not to.

PETA has a field day with places like this. I always vote for the bull and hope they kill the matador.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Admiral

I attended a bull fight in Barcelona, Spain when I was 9 years old.

Fight starts with four guys teasing the bull with capes for about 1/2 an hour.
Then a couple more guys on horses (stevadores, I believe) come out with blades on the end of 10-12 foot poles. They proceed to stab the bull for quite a while from a safe distance.
Then 3 more guys enter the ring with 2 each 3 foot long barbed sticks(Bandalleros?). They ram these blades deep into the bull's neck. They, of course, stick because of the barbs and continue to rip the bull as he tries to dislodge them.

So now you have a very tired, very bloody bull with sticks stuck in his neck along with an uncountable amount of stab wounds...staggering around the ring, covered with blood and foaming at the mouth.

THEN...brave Matador comes out and kills the bull.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!
Old April 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cassandra did you here the bull scream? It sounds as though you may have been forced against your will to attend the bull fights. I hope that was not the case. However, to wish the matador to die does sound as if you may have been traumatized. I hope not. Perhaps you are just trying as stongly as possible to state your adamant view. You deffinately have made your view known,and I respect it.