CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Mexican Riviera question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/353172-mexican-riviera-question.html)

fitch105 July 7th, 2008 12:00 AM

Mexican Riviera question

Okay, so we are trying to decide on an itinerary and are running into a few questions. So we stumbled on this mexican riviera cruise on Carnival. Leaves from LA and goes to Cabo, Puerta Vallarta, and Mazatlan Mexico. And our only concern with this is that it may not feel like you are in an ocean since it hugs the coast most of the cruise. So.. Can you see land through out the cruise? Or does it sail far enough out that all you see is water on four sides???

BrwnEyedGirl July 7th, 2008 12:04 PM

We have been on that cruise 3 times and you see ocean on all 4 sides for most of the entire cruise except for a little time while you are sailing by the Baja area on your way in and pass Cabo. Enjoy!

kymosmom July 18th, 2008 04:12 PM

Ocean on all four sides, except for like the previous post stated, some of Baja. They definitely don't hug the coast, they get you far from land and then you wake up in the morning and you're in a port! There is also a monitor on one of the main decks that shows you an image of where you are in relation to land, the speed of the ship as well as the direction your headed. Quite interesting!

ferrangi July 31st, 2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymosmom
Ocean on all four sides, except for like the previous post stated, some of Baja. They definitely don't hug the coast, they get you far from land and then you wake up in the morning and you're in a port! There is also a monitor on one of the main decks that shows you an image of where you are in relation to land, the speed of the ship as well as the direction your headed. Quite interesting!

Okay, I'm not saying I expect any hurricanes... but should there be any concerns during my cruise, would that monitor also show weather patterns/tropical storms etc...
How cool will that be to see where the ship is in relationship to the land.
Is that something that's viewable from your cabin on your tv?
Is this on all ships, cause i didn't hear of anything like this on the Paradise, of course we didn't have in room monitors (for viewing S&S card) either.

BrwnEyedGirl August 1st, 2008 12:46 PM

ferrangi,
Don't worry about the hurricanes, we had to travel around one 2 yrs ago, it caused a port change but one would never know there was bad weather since we sailed around it. Only bummer is when they change the itinery.

I agree being able to see the weather pattern on the monitor board would be neat. It is on your ship. I believe it is on the lido deck when leaving the buffet area walking towards the main attrium. If I am wrong just ask where it is. It's kinda cool because there will be a map of the coast and a line showing where the ship is, how fast it is travelling etc. Generally on the tv in your room they will give some info as well.

ferrangi August 2nd, 2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
ferrangi,
Don't worry about the hurricanes, we had to travel around one 2 yrs ago, it caused a port change but one would never know there was bad weather since we sailed around it. Only bummer is when they change the itinery.

I agree being able to see the weather pattern on the monitor board would be neat. It is on your ship. I believe it is on the lido deck when leaving the buffet area walking towards the main attrium. If I am wrong just ask where it is. It's kinda cool because there will be a map of the coast and a line showing where the ship is, how fast it is travelling etc. Generally on the tv in your room they will give some info as well.

here you are again... I love it.... thanks for the info... looking forward to meeting you sometime.

Tee August 5th, 2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
ferrangi,

On Princess ships it's on your TV in your stateroom, which is very nice. It's kind of cool to wake in the middle of the night and do a quick check on where we are. :)

As far as tropical storms and hurricanes, they rarely happen in the Pacific along California and Mexico. This is, of course, not to say they can't, just that's it's rare compared to the other side of the continents.

Hugging the coastline. Yes, the Mexican Riviera hugs it, but the only time you see that with your naked eye is along the tip of Baja, which is actually quite cool and doesn't detract at all from the ocean feel.

Tee

Grandy August 7th, 2008 03:06 PM

We just returned from this cruise and the only time we saw land was near Baja.. Did see whales and pods of dophins along the way

ferrangi August 7th, 2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandy
We just returned from this cruise and the only time we saw land was near Baja.. Did see whales and pods of dophins along the way

I want to see whales and dolphins.... did you tell them to wait for me?? :-P

militarycruzer September 6th, 2008 10:14 PM

I noticed that you were also trying to figure something out for your itinerary...if this is so, in PV there is a place to get a great couples massage on the beach for 75 USD, and that is for both of you..If you are interested, reply back to me if you want the information....

LuvCruzn October 2nd, 2008 03:39 PM

militarycruzer - My DH & I are cruzing to PV the last week of this month and would love to know more about this couples massage on the beach. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and this would be awesome!