Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Beginner

Default Virgin Cruiser Alert*** Looking for some first timer advice!

Hey everyone, I've been looking for a great advice blog and this seems to be it, everyone seems real helpful, hopefuly you can help me out! I have some questions for anyone: Is it better to wait last minute to cruise to get a great deal? I'm booking on the Carnival Paradise to Mexico, does anyone know if this is a great ship? Also I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a window stateroom or an interior, seeing how I'd like to save money, is it worth the window view? And lastly, are there any coupons that you can get for your cruise for dinners or drinks??
Thanks everyone, I'm really excited about my b-friend and I going on our first cruise, any advice is helpful!!! Thanks a bunch and happy cruising!!!
I havent even boarded yet and I'm ready to plan my next trip!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Hi Whaluvsybaby welcome aboard.
Quote:
Is it better to wait last minute to cruise to get a great deal?
You can book now and just pay the deposit watch for if the price goes down and ask for the reduced price. You can do this up until the time you have to make the final payment. On Carnival once the cruise is paid in full the price can not be adjusted.
Quote:
I'm booking on the Carnival Paradise to Mexico, does anyone know if this is a great ship?
The Paradise is a fantsy class ship which is a smaller, older ship. The Carnival Paradise is scheduled for dry dock 12/01/08-12/14/08 they go in and repaint and update everything. Try and book after the dry dock so the ship is in tip top shape. The smaller ship are easier to get around and in tender ports (the ship can't dock and you take a smaller boat into the harbor) with less people the tender lines go faster.
Quote:
Also I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a window stateroom or an interior, seeing how I'd like to save money, is it worth the window view?
Do you need complete darkness to sleep? Do you get nervous in enclosed spaces? If you need complete darkness to sleep and don't get nervous in enclosed space then the interior room will work out good.
http://And lastly, are there any cou...rs or drinks?? Yes you have a couple of ways to go here, a 4 drink bar credit is $21.25 you can order on line. http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/De...y+Items&page=1 Or to order a bottle delivered to your room call the Bon Voyage Dept. directly 1-800-522-7648 Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:30pm, Eastern Time. We do this and bring a travel flask mix the rum with the fruit punch from the buffet it's very good. A bottle of rum is more expensive than on land (about $40) But it's cheaper then buying each drink, I think a bottle makes about 10-15 drinks. You can order the drink coupon or bottle after you book and have a confirmation number. I hope that helps you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994