CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Cozumel - Has anyone been to Nachi-Cocom? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/356088-cozumel-has-anyone-been-nachi-cocom.html)

Brenda Olson September 11th, 2008 02:45 PM

Cozumel - Has anyone been to Nachi-Cocom?

We are planning to go to Nachi-Cocom beach club while in Cozumel. I have heard wonderful things about it. It is supposed to be low key and less commercialized than many of the others.

Has anyone been there? Can you pay entrance and just for what you eat and drink or do you have to do the all-inclusive route?

AngelFish September 18th, 2008 07:49 PM

Nachi Cocom, Best Beach in Cozumel

We LOVED it ! Its really nice. We have been so many of the beach clubs and this one is the best in Cozumel. Its not packed and the beach is wonderful. We had great service both time and the food and drinks are awesome.

They have loads of beach activities if you want them, jetskis, snorkeling, etc so there is something for everyone.

I'm pretty sure you have to book ahead. We booked through Cozumel Cruise Excursions Nachi Cocom Beach Break

lhp January 18th, 2009 10:09 AM

While I have never been personally (I have children who have to be entertained...so it is Paradise Beach for us)....but EVERYTHING I have read has been positive over the years.

It is $49.00 a person for the all inclusive......that includes all you can drink and one 3 course meal.

They have comfy lounge chairs, a pool and you can rent snorkel equipment for an additional fee.

Great of adults who want a romantic get away....

jimcar77 January 23rd, 2009 03:49 PM

We took the Sanchos All Inclusive Beach Break and it was just a little paradise, all you can eat from the MENUE and INTERNATIONAL open bar with all brands, use of all beach facilities, floats, etc and this at $45....this was a great deal!

lhp January 23rd, 2009 04:15 PM

Mr. Sanchos does not have as nice (or as large) a pool as Nachi.

If I were an adult paying $45-49 a person, I would go with Nachi.

jimcar77 January 23rd, 2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp

We had enough pool on the ship, we went for swimming in and enjoying the SEA

loly February 10th, 2009 03:03 PM

Can you go to Nachi and pay once you are there?.. I hate to pay ahead and then for some reason if we don't end up in Cozumel loose the money, that happened to us previously in another trip, so now I am kind of worried about always purchasing ahead of time. Tks

lhp February 15th, 2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loly
Can you go to Nachi and pay once you are there?.. I hate to pay ahead and then for some reason if we don't end up in Cozumel loose the money, that happened to us previously in another trip, so now I am kind of worried about always purchasing ahead of time. Tks

They don't recommend it and it has been reported that some taxi drivers won't take you without showing your reservation sheet.

I know what you mean about purchasing things ahead of time. I would just make sure you read all the fine print about how they handle things like ships being diverted and not coming to Cozumel etc.

lhp February 15th, 2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimcar77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp

We had enough pool on the ship, we went for swimming in and enjoying the SEA

Sorry, but you were not the one asking the question. Other people may love the pool and if that is the case, the jacuzzi that Mr S has in no way compares to the swim up bar and huge pool that Nachi has.

thejasons April 8th, 2009 07:32 PM

We have been to Nachi Cocom twice and it was not bad, but full of cruisers as well. This time we did the Mr Sanchos Beach and it is completely different, international open bar, all you can eat from the menue and not a set meal (we hate that honestly) and a LARGE beach front and many lounges. We booked with cozumel-watersports.com and they have a video of the beach here: http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/T...BeachBreak.htm
it was awesome!

loly April 13th, 2009 09:38 AM

Yes, we already came back from our cruise, we did the Nachi Cocoon, and honestly although it was kind of quiet at this time of the year it was really not to our liking much, we wanted more of a party and all you can eat flare..... but it was alright.... One thing I can tell you all, if you don't like cold water beaches don't go in March to Mexico, the water was ice, we asked as we thought it would always be warm water in Mexico and they said the warm water is usually from end of May on.... but it was not to our liking at all, so although we enjoyed the relaxation, it was not for us, as we are the warm water type of traveler... we flock to gorgeous and warm beaches..... I guess we will know for next time.... and yes Mr. Sanchos sounds like it would be a better deal.... Tks

lhp April 14th, 2009 11:26 AM

There are a couple of options for those who aren't going to Nachi next time.

If you still want an all inclusive...then Mr. Sancho's or Playa Mia.

If you are like me and can't drink that much (I am a light weight...LOL) and want an ala carte' ... then Paradise Beach.

AngelFish June 8th, 2009 11:43 AM

Beach break Cozumel Nachi cocom

We absolutely loved Nachi Cocom Beach Club it isn't packed like Paradise beach (thank god!) and you have the most beautiful location on the island. We loved the food, the margaritas and massages are great there too.

I guess it depends what your idea of Paradise is, Nachi is mine;-)

katlady June 8th, 2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loly
Yes, we already came back from our cruise, we did the Nachi Cocoon, and honestly although it was kind of quiet at this time of the year it was really not to our liking much, we wanted more of a party and all you can eat flare..... but it was alright.... One thing I can tell you all, if you don't like cold water beaches don't go in March to Mexico, the water was ice, we asked as we thought it would always be warm water in Mexico and they said the warm water is usually from end of May on.... but it was not to our liking at all, so although we enjoyed the relaxation, it was not for us, as we are the warm water type of traveler... we flock to gorgeous and warm beaches..... I guess we will know for next time.... and yes Mr. Sanchos sounds like it would be a better deal.... Tks

Did you end up paying once you got there?