Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Captain

Default Southern Mexico excursions

Going to Acapulco, Ixtapa and Manzanillo in Jan. Does anybody have any recommendations on excursions and costs? Cruise line sponsored trips are expensive and dont tell you the fun factor. Can anybody help me?

thanks...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Admiral

I have never been to Acapulco. However, if it were me I would do the AZTEC DINNER & CLIFF DIVERS shore excursion. According to Canrival website it's $67. Here is a link. http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursi...ioncode=308025

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Southern Mexico excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
Going to Acapulco, Ixtapa and Manzanillo in Jan. Does anybody have any recommendations on excursions and costs? Cruise line sponsored trips are expensive and dont tell you the fun factor. Can anybody help me?

thanks.

Yeah! I think a lot of people would like to know too. Cruise ships would be lovely but only for those who can afford it.
Maybe there are many other ways on how to get there.
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to RudyTourByVan
Default Acapulco TourByVan Excusions suggestion save up to 50%

Briguy, I could not possibly agree with you more, The cruise Line sponsored shore trips are highly over priced and there are very many reasons and middle men for that to take place.

My name is Rudy Fregoso, and I am an independent tour guide in Acapulco, I have 30 years of experience, I am licensed by the Mexican Goverment. If you wish to contact me You can rest assured we will get to an agreement.

I will be happy to meet and pick you up at the cruise ship terminal, the airport or even your hotel in Acapulco. I organize, plan and deliver any type of private tailor-made city tour, excursion or sightseeing for you and your family. I'll take you under Our Wing and show you what only the insiders know.

With large cruise shore trip tour groups you are stuck to their tight schedule, right down to the forced gift shop visit. Sometimes they pass up the most interesting details about a sight because it would be impossible for everyone in a large group to see it.

And if you can't hear the guide, or you fall behind because the pace is too fast, you're just out of luck. Touring in My Van you will get to places that for a Bus would Simply Be Impossible. On your own you walk around with your nose in a guidebook.

None of this happens with Me, Your private guide! You won't miss the most interesting places wherever you go. You won't waste time wandering around with people with different interests and preferences. You will choose your own pace and schedule.

Save, Certified, Reliable, Licensed & Insured
info@tourbyvan.com
http://tourbyvan.com