Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default Cozumel Jeep tour or "Amazing Cozumel Race" ???

Has anyone feedback from the Cozumel Jeep tour or "Amazing Cozumel Race" ?
The jeep goes to El Cedral Mayan ruin, an old church, and includes a lunch and snorkeling. I love history, but care not so much for beaches. A shore excursion with history & culture is my proverbial cup of tea.
Amazing race was once called Race Fantastique and is evidently a game where groups of 4 to 10 compete to unlock clues. It too includes a lunch/dinner and snorkeling.
I'm leaving on the Carnival Holiday in April and appreciate any input.
Thanks !

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

If you have ever heard of geocaching and have any interest in it, I would do the Amazing Race. To sum up geoeaching; it is basically a high tech scavenger hunt using a hand held GPS unit. I love geocaching and try to do it when I can. http://www.geocaching.com/ Also, have you ever watch the Amazing race on TV - I think it is on CBS?

To tell the truth on my first cruise in August, if I didn't work as hard as I did over the summer to finally learn how to swim underwater, jump into water, and not be afraid - I would have done Race Fantastique.

I grew up with ear problems and never learned how to do any of that until this past summer - we even had a pool in our back yard. Now I want to learn to scuba....but first I have to have figured out why my eardrum is perforated. I knew I couldnt hear a great as I used to and have been caught saying "huh" a lot lately.
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Beginner

Default Dune Buggy Tour

Hey, I don't know exactly what tour you are talking about, but just so you know... there is another historical tour that takes to to El Cedral and around the island. Their Web site is cozumeldunebuggytours.com check it out - My girlfriend and I had an awesome time!
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Admiral

I booked the "Cozumel Jeep & snorkel at Punta Sur". It sounds good enough to me. Punta Sur is an ecological reserve and the tour also visits a small mayan ruin and a lighthouse, then a Mexican lunch.

/ticker.png">
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Passenger

I would definitely prefer the Jeep and snorkel tour...you see a lot of the island and get to snorkel...
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to RRush1969

Did the jeep and snorkel tour in summer of 2007. Really enjoyed the excursion. You need to be a pretty strong swimmer for the snorkeling. Got some great pictures during the tour.

Old March 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Beginner

My family took our first cruise on the Holiday in July 2008. We also did the Jeep snorkeling tour. The lighthouse is a must go to the top. The views are incredible. My wife and 6 year old daughter stayed on the beach and played in the water while my 10 year old daughter and me did the snorkeling. We were exhausted by the end of it, but the beauty of the fish and coral was well worth it. The lunch served was OK. We also stopped at a small mayan ruin before returning back in town. Would do this again when my 6 year old is strong enough to do it.

Eric & Gina
Carnival Holiday 2008
Carnival Pride 2009
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Familiar Face

We sat at a dinner table and talked to fellow passengers who did the race fantastic tour, they were really not too much impressed...
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Admiral

thanks for the feedback. 8)
As for the Jeep tour @ Cozumel...I sure look forward to doing it.
OK I'm a wuss. but I don't snorkel much anymore. The cool shade with a cooler beverage is my preference to sunburning.

/ticker.png">