CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Cozumel beach questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/366914-cozumel-beach-questions.html)

showcat August 8th, 2009 05:42 PM

Cozumel beach questions

Any beaches with nice sand, snorkling tours availible close to the ships, free? If so which one's. I can't believe all these expensive beach packages. If you pay to get in a beach does that mean the locals won't bother you trying to sell you stuff? Would like one with lockers, restrooms.

Island Annie August 15th, 2009 06:19 PM

Have cruised to Coz several times the past few years.

The best beach I've found there is PARADISE BEACH. (about a 15 minute taxi ride).

Here you'll find a beautiful (very clen) beach, with excellent food available, a full bar, lockers, water toys for rent, massages on the beach, as well as hammocks beneath swaying palm trees available for relaxation.

Last time I was there there was a small charge for admission ($10 USD) which included a lounge chair with umbrella.

In my opinion this is the BEST beach in the area.

Taxis are readily available at the entrance when you're ready to return to your ship.

leigh61870 August 19th, 2009 12:35 PM

BEST DEAL IS NOT THROUGHT HE CRUISE SHIP

Where ever you are going- say Cozumel- go online and type in Cozumel all inclusive day package. You can get that Paradise Beach all inclusive deal for cheap and it includes free food and drinks all day for a fraction of what you will pay on the cruise ship.

zydecocruiser September 10th, 2009 12:45 AM

Paradise Beach doesn't have an all-inclusive package that I am aware of. Also, no admission, but they ask that you spend at least $10. They also have a package where you can play on the water toys, have snorkel gear rental, etc. I think that is also $10. they do have a website.

By snorkel tours do you mean from the shore or from a boat?

Many of the beaches are free to cheap but you will still need a taxi to/from most decent ones. Taxis are relatively cheap.

WetFeetTheNovel September 29th, 2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island Annie
Have cruised to Coz several times the past few years.

The best beach I've found there is PARADISE BEACH. (about a 15 minute taxi ride).

Here you'll find a beautiful (very clen) beach, with excellent food available, a full bar, lockers, water toys for rent, massages on the beach, as well as hammocks beneath swaying palm trees available for relaxation.

Last time I was there there was a small charge for admission ($10 USD) which included a lounge chair with umbrella.

In my opinion this is the BEST beach in the area.

Taxis are readily available at the entrance when you're ready to return to your ship.

How does it compare to Nachi Cocom?

matthans December 20th, 2009 10:07 PM

Mr Sanchos

Mr Sanchos is the best that I've found..

Their All Inclusive includes A la carte food(no buffet), and they serve you drinks from the bar!!

includes lockers, admission, everything!!

The price online is 45 , 50 on site..

Site I have used to book is beachtours mexico : beachtours.com.mx

Had A GREAT TIME!!

Paul Motter December 29th, 2009 02:26 AM

There is one called Chakanaab with a gated entrance, swimming with dolphins (extra $$), free snorkeling, nice restaurants, changing rooms and big lockers, It costs about $12 per person to enter, and the taxi ride is $5 to $10. I like it as a very relaxing way to spend the day, especially if you like to snorkle.

lhp September 2nd, 2010 01:43 PM

The only FREE beach resorts (meaning they do not charge an entrance fee) that we have been to are Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos.

We used to go to Mr Sanchos all the time, until Paradise Beach opened up. Mr. Sanchos does offer an all-inclusive, but Paradise Beach does not.

However, the most popular all-inclusive for adults is Nachi Cocom. It is great for adults who just want to lay in the sun...it is $49 a person for one 3 course meal and all you can drink. They have a swim up bar. However, any activities are additional...snorkeling etc.

Paradise Beach has the most water toys for the $12 wristband...and the wristband is OPTIONAL...so you can buy it for the kids and you don't have to buy it for yourself. (I hate having to spend money for something I will not use) It is the best choice for adults (or families) that want a lot to do.

AngelFish September 4th, 2010 12:39 PM

Nachi Cocom

We've been to so many in Cozumel but will only go back to Nachi Cocom, you can't beat perfection 8)

karlacdg November 5th, 2010 01:03 AM

There is not such a good review about beachtours on the Caribbean forum. At the end the Ocean Resort beach break was recommended;)

netexguy November 17th, 2010 11:24 PM

The Ocean Beach Club all incl. can be booked with Cozumel water sports right? We booked Passion Island with them last year and really enjoyed it!

Danny Boy May 10th, 2011 06:03 PM

So, any cruises in the near future?

Danny