CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Mexico (
-   -   Krystal in PV (

Jiffymom August 15th, 2009 03:11 PM

Krystal in PV
Anyone been there? What are the facilities like. How about the beach. Is it safe for children swimming? How do you book a massage at Krystal? Thinking we might like to go shopping then spend the afternoon at a pool or beach this might be a good idea for our family.

Jiffymom August 15th, 2009 03:19 PM

I Can't seem to find their web site. I can only find booking agency's. Any one help.. Want to ask them questions re day fees, booking spa services but can't find a direct email. Thanks

katlady August 16th, 2009 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jiffymom
I Can't seem to find their web site. I can only find booking agency's. Any one help.. Want to ask them questions re day fees, booking spa services but can't find a direct email. Thanks

Hi Jiffymom,
The name is acutally NH Krystal, which is probably why you had trouble finding the website. They are part of the NH hoteles group. Here is the link to the hotel website. I have never been there so I can't recommend it.
Here is the E-mail.
I hope that helps. :D

Ine August 16th, 2009 04:24 AM

By showing your cruise-card you can enter Krystal hotel for free, but of course you need to spend some money on drinks and/or food.
The hotel has a nice pool and beach.
However swimming for kids isnot always that great. there can be strong waves and/or current. be aware of that.

Jiffymom August 16th, 2009 12:32 PM

any other hotels welcome cruise passengers free?

Chuck Palm August 16th, 2009 04:09 PM

The Krystal is very nice and very gringo-yuppie, if that is your taste. There is one huge pool and a medium sized pool in the midlle of the complex. There is a huge palapa style restaurant with mediocre hotel food.

You will, however, miss out on any sort of "Mexican" culture and the true beauty of what may be the most beautiful coastal cities in all of Mexico. Or so it seems to me. Much of the beauty in Vallarta is the cobblestone streets, beautiful restaurants and excellent cuisine, if you know where to go that is.

Jiffymom August 16th, 2009 05:03 PM

Chuck Palm August 17th, 2009 10:22 AM

My suggestion, in that case, would be:

Hop a yellow cab to the Zona Romantica in the A.M. Explore the shopping areas nearby. Have lunch at one of the beautiful and excellent restaurants on the Cuale, such as Le Bistro or River Cafe.

Then hop a cab back to the Krystal for an afternoon in the sun. You can stay there right up to the last minute prior to sailing, with no worries about getting back through traffic jams and such. Plus P.V. can get kind of warm, so morning touring and shopping would be much more comfortable.

Ine August 18th, 2009 03:50 AM

Right on Playa los Muertes / Zona Romantica / are some nice restaurants. If you buy food and-or drinks you are welcome to use their beach, bathroom etc. populair are la Palapa, Langustines, Dairy Dick and more.

You need a cab to get there. White cabs in port charge more as they have to pay porttax. They often chrage per passenger.
Yellowcabs from the highway are cheaper and will charge around pesos 60.- per ride.
In all cases check the rate before riding a cab.
Or take the citybus from the hightway ° destination Centro/ and walk for a few minutes. Back a bus to Walmart/Sams´s which is opposite the cruise terminal. Bus costs 5.50 pesos per person per ride.

gvanpelt123 August 24th, 2009 05:02 PM

I guess this is not an answer but an add on to your question. I have heard the massages there are good but also read something about another resort, Dreams?. Anyone have information or recommendations for massages? Thanks :-?

Jiffymom August 24th, 2009 10:32 PM

Dreams also sounds wonderful. But 45.00 person. I am thinking Krystal might be better for a half day of fun and sun. There are 8 of us. A lot to pay for going to Dreams.