Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
First Mate

Default Krystal in PV

Anyone been there? What are the facilities like. How about the beach. Is it safe for children swimming? How do you book a massage at Krystal? Thinking we might like to go shopping then spend the afternoon at a pool or beach this might be a good idea for our family.
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
First Mate

I Can't seem to find their web site. I can only find booking agency's. Any one help.. Want to ask them questions re day fees, booking spa services but can't find a direct email. Thanks
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffymom
I Can't seem to find their web site. I can only find booking agency's. Any one help.. Want to ask them questions re day fees, booking spa services but can't find a direct email. Thanks
Hi Jiffymom,
The name is acutally NH Krystal, which is probably why you had trouble finding the website. They are part of the NH hoteles group. Here is the link to the hotel website. I have never been there so I can't recommend it.
http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotel...rta.html?type=
Here is the E-mail.
nhpuertovallarta@nh-hotels.com
I hope that helps.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

By showing your cruise-card you can enter Krystal hotel for free, but of course you need to spend some money on drinks and/or food.
The hotel has a nice pool and beach.
However swimming for kids isnot always that great. there can be strong waves and/or current. be aware of that.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
First Mate

any other hotels welcome cruise passengers free?
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Admiral

The Krystal is very nice and very gringo-yuppie, if that is your taste. There is one huge pool and a medium sized pool in the midlle of the complex. There is a huge palapa style restaurant with mediocre hotel food.

You will, however, miss out on any sort of "Mexican" culture and the true beauty of what may be the most beautiful coastal cities in all of Mexico. Or so it seems to me. Much of the beauty in Vallarta is the cobblestone streets, beautiful restaurants and excellent cuisine, if you know where to go that is.
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
First Mate

I AM HOPING FOR HALF BEACH/POOL DAY THEN T WALK THE COBBLE STONE STREETS AND ENJOY TE SPANISH FEEL.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Admiral

My suggestion, in that case, would be:

Hop a yellow cab to the Zona Romantica in the A.M. Explore the shopping areas nearby. Have lunch at one of the beautiful and excellent restaurants on the Cuale, such as Le Bistro or River Cafe.

Then hop a cab back to the Krystal for an afternoon in the sun. You can stay there right up to the last minute prior to sailing, with no worries about getting back through traffic jams and such. Plus P.V. can get kind of warm, so morning touring and shopping would be much more comfortable.
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Right on Playa los Muertes / Zona Romantica / are some nice restaurants. If you buy food and-or drinks you are welcome to use their beach, bathroom etc. populair are la Palapa, Langustines, Dairy Dick and more.

You need a cab to get there. White cabs in port charge more as they have to pay porttax. They often chrage per passenger.
Yellowcabs from the highway are cheaper and will charge around pesos 60.- per ride.
In all cases check the rate before riding a cab.
Or take the citybus from the hightway ° destination Centro/ and walk for a few minutes. Back a bus to Walmart/Sams´s which is opposite the cruise terminal. Bus costs 5.50 pesos per person per ride.
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Beginner

I guess this is not an answer but an add on to your question. I have heard the massages there are good but also read something about another resort, Dreams?. Anyone have information or recommendations for massages? Thanks
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:32 PM
First Mate

Dreams also sounds wonderful. But 45.00 person. I am thinking Krystal might be better for a half day of fun and sun. There are 8 of us. A lot to pay for going to Dreams.