Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Default feedback please on these tours= tell me what you think !!

The cruise line has listed some shore tours for my sailing.
I'm considering the following tours....
Mazatlan: Sierra Madre Mountains viilages= visits a brickyard, village of Malpica, tile plant, bakery, funiture shop, pottery shop, town of Concordia and visit San Sebastian church, refreshment at a local restaurant, town of Copala & San Jose church, lunch, ans shopping back in Mazatlan.

Cabo San Lucas: Cabo by land and sea= catamaran out to land's end tip of peninsula,
Glass Blowing Factory, town of San Jose del Cabo, church & plaza there,Cati Mundo gardens

Puerto Vallarta: ???? for the day. That evening might be " Rhythms of the night" which is a show with costumed performers and dinner.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: feedback please on these tours= tell me what you think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
Mazatlan: Sierra Madre Mountains viilages= visits a brickyard, village of Malpica, tile plant, bakery, funiture shop, pottery shop, town of Concordia and visit San Sebastian church, refreshment at a local restaurant, town of Copala & San Jose church, lunch, ans shopping back in Mazatlan.

Cabo San Lucas: Cabo by land and sea= catamaran out to land's end tip of peninsula,
Glass Blowing Factory, town of San Jose del Cabo, church & plaza there,Cati Mundo gardens

Puerto Vallarta: ???? for the day. That evening might be " Rhythms of the night" which is a show with costumed performers and dinner.
You should like the tour in Mazatlan. We have done it before and the towns of Concordia and Copala were very interesting.

In Cabo - the sea part would be nice....but unless they have made big changes to the glass blowing factory - you might be disappointed. My suggestion would be to do a sea tour (catamaran to land's end would be nice)........then just walk into town. It is close and there is a big flea market at the pier (where the tender goes) as well. The walk into town is along the water so it's an enjoyable walk, even for those of us who don't like to walk long distances.

Puerto Vallarta...There is an ATV ride that is fun - and also a horseback riding tour that goes up to a waterfall with some swimming. Or...just a taxi ride to "downtown"...it's pretty to walk along the beach.

Whatever you do....Have a Great Time!!!
1979 NCL Skyward, 1981 NCL Starward, 1984 NCL Starward, 1989 Carnival Tropicale, 1989 NCL Starward, 1992 NCL Norway, 1993 Regency Regent Sea, 1995 NCL Windward, 1997 RCCL Legend, 1998 RCCL Legend, 2002 RCCL Grandeur, 2004 HAL Ryndam, 2004 RCCL Explorer, 2005 RCCL Splendour, 2005 RCCL Serenade, 2006 RCCL Vision, 2007 RCCL Freedom, 2008 RCCL Monarch, 2009 RCCL Mariner

Old October 12th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: feedback please on these tours= tell me what you think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasCrossfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth

You should like the tour in Mazatlan. We have done it before and the towns of Concordia and Copala were very interesting.

In Cabo - the sea part would be nice....but unless they have made big changes to the glass blowing factory - you might be disappointed. My suggestion would be to do a sea tour (catamaran to land's end would be nice)........then just walk into town. It is close and there is a big flea market at the pier (where the tender goes) as well. The walk into town is along the water so it's an enjoyable walk, even for those of us who don't like to walk long distances.

Puerto Vallarta...There is an ATV ride that is fun - and also a horseback riding tour that goes up to a waterfall with some swimming. Or...just a taxi ride to "downtown"...it's pretty to walk along the beach.

Whatever you do....Have a Great Time!!!
thanks !

/ticker.png">
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Passenger

We just came back from our 4th trip to the Mexican Riviera. This time we tried the Pirate Ship in Puerto Vallarta. We'd always assumed that it was "just a booze cruise". Oh my gosh were we wrong. The tour includes the services of a "personal pirate", breakfast and lunch, some time a private beach, snorkeling (if you wish) and entertainment for the entire day. Cocktails are available (included in the fare) but there are also nice non-alcohol options. Even the restrooms are Class A. You must be somewhat mobile as you need to walk down the stairs to the galley for your two meals and you need to be able to transfer onto a smaller craft for the snorkeling and beach time. Don't forget your camera.