CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Questions about Acapulco? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/371329-questions-about-acapulco.html)

elvirarodriguez January 31st, 2010 01:50 PM

Questions about Acapulco?

Hi everybody, I will be more than glad to answer your questions about Acapulco, there are so many things to do in the city.:)

criminal_minds February 1st, 2010 04:06 PM

OK I'll Bite

Since you are a local expert perhaps you can answer a few questions. There was a company in Acapulco called Turismo Intersol that had a website called Intersol Tours.

But back in May of 2009 the owner of Turismo Intersol stole nearly $3,000 US Dollars from clients that prepaid for services before the H1N1 Swine Flu scare.

His name was Sergio Rodriguez. A real winner that one. I understand they folded up operations in Acapulco and ran to Mexico City.

For some time there was a rumor that they teamed up with a guy named Rudy from Tour by Van. You know, the guy with counterfeit tour badges on his website?

Anyway - There are quite a few people that would like to contact him to get their money back. But it is funny because the phone numbers he has listed online are out of order and he does not answer the cell phone recently listed online.

Do you have current contact information for him?

Oh, by the way - I see you are also posting on Cruise Critic. Good luck with that.

elvirarodriguez February 5th, 2010 10:56 PM

Well, Yes I know Rudy and Sergio, Rudy is a tour guide that operates outside the ship terminal, I have seen some good comments about him and some other not so good, and this is what I can say: As a tour guide he is good, the likes his job, and is very professional, as the way how he operates his business I do not have idea. I do not talk to him very often. Now, about Sergio, He is also a tour guide that works outside the ship terminal, I did not have any idea about this. I came back from ATL 7 months ago so I am not familiar with the business he had or in what he was involved into. I can say he has a website in qapacity.com, google it, search for : Acapulco tour guides.
Now you, my friends, understand why I always say it is better to hired authorized tour guides from inside the ship terminal?. At least, they are under the sight and control of the ship terminal administration, and anything happening to you while using these guyīs services can be handle professionally and in your best behalf.
I believe that also those who are interested can contact Rudy and ask for Sergio, if he is working with him he might give you more info about sergio.

elvirarodriguez February 5th, 2010 10:58 PM

Acapulco tips

HI, I will be more than glad to answer all the questions you might have about Acapulco, my town. Weather, currency, what to do, food, news, etc. anything you are concern about.

Acapulco has too much to offer, and people is so friendly!.

So, Iīm here to clear your doubts.

Letīs start with the pier location, the pier is located 5 to 10 minutes far away from the downtown also well known as the zocalo, there are plenty of shops around this area, pharmacy and post office are near by. I have to mention that you must buy mail stamps at the post office only, inside the ship terminal thereīs not shop selling them. To mail your post cards you can either do it at the post office or drop them in the mail box outside the ship terminal. Inside the ship terminal there are jewelry shops, Mexican arts and crafts shops, pharmacy, bar, INTERNET and long distance services, information desk, tour-guides desk. No wifii or free wireless.

Tour guides from inside the terminal operate as taxis too, i should mention that their rates are a little higher than the local taxis outside the terminal (VW), but this is the reason why, first of all, tour guides inside the ship terminal speak English, have a/c vans for 10 to 15 passengers, taxis outside are small vw, no a/c and is rare that the driver speaks English, so it is better to be in the comfort zone and safe.

Now, if you do not want to spend money in a tour, there is a shuttle service, round trip, to the cliff divers which has a cheaper cost. This is also a service inside the ship terminal.

Walking to the divers? 35 minutes walking distance from the pier, not flat land. Safe? just like any other city, same safety rules: do not talk to strangers, do not wear jewelry, do not take your important documents with you, and in case of any problem the locals are very friendly.
We all care about tourists, so we all try to help.

Well until the next posts, I hope this tips help you when visiting Acapulco.

elvirarodriguez February 7th, 2010 01:37 AM

What to do in Acapulco

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvirarodriguez (Post 1272222)
HI, I will be more than glad to answer all the questions you might have about Acapulco, my town. Weather, currency, what to do, food, news, etc. anything you are concern about.

Acapulco has too much to offer, and people is so friendly!.

So, Iīm here to clear your doubts.

Letīs start with the pier location, the pier is located 5 to 10 minutes far away from the downtown also well known as the zocalo, there are plenty of shops around this area, pharmacy and post office are near by. I have to mention that you must buy mail stamps at the post office only, inside the ship terminal thereīs not shop selling them. To mail your post cards you can either do it at the post office or drop them in the mail box outside the ship terminal. Inside the ship terminal there are jewelry shops, Mexican arts and crafts shops, pharmacy, bar, INTERNET and long distance services, information desk, tour-guides desk. No wifii or free wireless.

Tour guides from inside the terminal operate as taxis too, i should mention that their rates are a little higher than the local taxis outside the terminal (VW), but this is the reason why, first of all, tour guides inside the ship terminal speak English, have a/c vans for 10 to 15 passengers, taxis outside are small vw, no a/c and is rare that the driver speaks English, so it is better to be in the comfort zone and safe.

Now, if you do not want to spend money in a tour, there is a shuttle service, round trip, to the cliff divers which has a cheaper cost. This is also a service inside the ship terminal.

Walking to the divers? 35 minutes walking distance from the pier, not flat land. Safe? just like any other city, same safety rules: do not talk to strangers, do not wear jewelry, do not take your important documents with you, and in case of any problem the locals are very friendly.
We all care about tourists, so we all try to help.

Well until the next posts, I hope this tips help you when visiting Acapulco.

Here is a web site that can help you with some concerns about Acapulco and tour guides:

Acapulco Sun and Sand

see you in Acapulco!

elvirarodriguez February 11th, 2010 02:34 PM

Sergio Rodriguez

Quote:

Originally Posted by criminal_minds (Post 1271373)
Since you are a local expert perhaps you can answer a few questions. There was a company in Acapulco called Turismo Intersol that had a website called Intersol Tours.

But back in May of 2009 the owner of Turismo Intersol stole nearly $3,000 US Dollars from clients that prepaid for services before the H1N1 Swine Flu scare.

His name was Sergio Rodriguez. A real winner that one. I understand they folded up operations in Acapulco and ran to Mexico City.

For some time there was a rumor that they teamed up with a guy named Rudy from Tour by Van. You know, the guy with counterfeit tour badges on his website?

Anyway - There are quite a few people that would like to contact him to get their money back. But it is funny because the phone numbers he has listed online are out of order and he does not answer the cell phone recently listed online.

Do you have current contact information for him?

Oh, by the way - I see you are also posting on Cruise Critic. Good luck with that.

Hi, I got info about Sergio Rodriguez, the one I was telling you about is Sergio Rodriguez Rodriguez, tour guide, and he is not the one.
Sergio Rodriguez from Intersol still operates the Travel Agency and I will look up for the phone numbers so U can contact him. Give me some time to get the info. and Iīm sorry that thereīs people like him doing this to our visitors.