CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Mazatlan Tour: Stone Island or Deer Island? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/372800-mazatlan-tour-stone-island-deer-island.html)

fluffinator March 25th, 2010 06:56 PM

Mazatlan Tour: Stone Island or Deer Island?

We will be in Mazatlan in October via the Carnival Cruise Ship Splendor. Our group consists of 6 adults and 6 children (ages 8 thru 15). Which tour would you suggest....Stone Island or Deer Island? My husband, my 2 children and I have been to Mazatlan before in 2005 and did not book a tour. As this was not one of my favorite ports last time I wanted to make sure we had a more positive experience as the rest of our group has never been to Mexico.

Chuck Palm May 9th, 2010 11:15 AM

Stone Island is a lot of fun. You do not need a tour. As you leave the cruise ship terminal, turn left and walk about 1/2 mile. Look for the little "embarkadero" sign. They will take you there for $2 p.p. round trip on a little panga. The island is very close to where the cruise ship docks. You'll have a great beachy day at a very low cost. There are some very nice beach restaurants there too!

CSTEEVER May 13th, 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffinator (Post 1282246)
We will be in Mazatlan in October via the Carnival Cruise Ship Splendor. Our group consists of 6 adults and 6 children (ages 8 thru 15). Which tour would you suggest....Stone Island or Deer Island? My husband, my 2 children and I have been to Mazatlan before in 2005 and did not book a tour. As this was not one of my favorite ports last time I wanted to make sure we had a more positive experience as the rest of our group has never been to Mexico.

I went last year with my two kids, ages 4 and 9 at the time, we did Stone Island and they loved it. It is well worth the cost wen we booked thru Mazatlan Tours, our family of four cost us about $100 and that included our meals, all you can drink, the tour on the boat, which we all enjoyed, and then activities at the beach. My older daughter and I kayaked while my husband and younger daughter went out on a quad. Well worth the money. I am going back in Novemeber with no kids and am seriously looking at trying the Deer Isalnd one this time so I would love some feedback if anyone has been on it.

Moiraine May 20th, 2010 10:33 PM

I'll try the Mazatlan Tours for Stone Island. Thanks for the tip.

REALgetaway May 22nd, 2010 10:32 PM

hi, when in Oct will you be on Carnival Splendor?

My friend and I will be onboard Splendor from Oct 17 - 24, 2010.
let me know if you will be on the same time.

sorry this is my first cruise and first time to Mazatlan, so I can't be of any help.

but I too am interested in which excursion to book.

REALgetaway August 25th, 2010 12:49 AM

anyone have any info on Deer Island? what to see and do there?