Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Passenger

Default Size of Cabins.

Has anyone found a source for the square footage of the various cabins on the Opera. Cruisestaterooms.com has gone to a membership. And since the Opera is so new that it does not show up on many search engines, I do not want to pay to find out that the Opera is not on the list.

Anybody got a source to compare stateroom sizes?
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Ernie

Default Re: Size of Cabins.

Standard inside/outside: 140 sq ft.
Standard Balcony: 170 sq ft (including balcony)
Suite: 280 sq ft (including balcony)

Basically, the cabins are smaller than average on most ships. I see this as the one negative of MSC Cruises. I do hear they are well designed (the look like the same design Celebrity Cruises has used) so at least they have that going for them.

Ernie
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
bridget

Default Re: Size of Cabins.

we were just on Opera for the 1/29/05 sailing and had an outside cabin. the first day as you walked down the hall, the one room chair was being set out in the hallway from alot of cabins. as we got to ours we found out why, the room is so small that the chair ( with arms ) will not fit under the vanity and you can;t open the drawer or walk to the side of the bed with the chair in the room. we compromised and if you put the chair on its side and slide it under the vanity you have the room to open the drawer and walk around the cabin. we could use the chair as we needed. yes the room is small ( even our friends with a balcony cabin had very similar set up.)
the storeage space in the cabin is very good. we had plenty of useable storeage, closets, drawers and cabinets, actually the most I have had on all my 42 cruises!
I didn't mind the cabin space , but the shower space did bother me. it was a corner shower will little turnaround or bend over space
bridget