Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rehr
Default Teens Aboard MSC?

If you have recently returned from a cruise aboard MSC, could you tell me if there are many teens around 15-18 aboard? My mom is thinking about sailing MSC during spring break. Thank You.

Hopeful Undetermined Cruise
Past Cruises:
Paradise 4/11/04
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
bridget

Default Re: Teens Aboard MSC?

just got back from MSC opera sailing 1/29/05 to eastern caribbean. The majority of the passengers were older ( we are in our 40's) and alot of italian and german passengers., but there were teenagers on board but not alot. they did let them into the adult disco and seemed to have a great time.
there are alot of fun interactive games and activities, so I think you will have a good time
Old February 10th, 2005, 10:09 PM
bunchy

The teens we were associated with looked to be bored out of there minds. I would not recommend this ship for children or teens. Do you like Italian music? Better start to enjoy it now as thats all you will have to listen to unless you take your own. There were no teen or game rooms to enjoy. I wish you the best!
Old February 11th, 2005, 02:45 AM
wondering

Default Re: Re: Teens Aboard MSC?

What do you expect on an Italian Ship? Country?
This is a different experience, not fit for Americans who want to feel home
Old February 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Bunchy

I agree NOT home, but at least to have respect. This is a cruise of a very different form than from any other cruise we have taken. I am glad we left our children at home as this was not child friendly nor was the rudeness appreciated.
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:32 PM
DENISE CARNICK

my mom booked this cruise and i am afraid of the same problem with noone my age being aboard im almost 18 and looking to have an awesome time but i dont know if this will happen with many people saying MSC stands for "Mostly Senior Citizens"
Old February 18th, 2005, 04:39 PM
jackieL

Denise, when is your cruise?
We are booked on the Opera leaving Ft Lauderdale on 3/26. We are bringing our 16 year old son and our 19 year old daughter. We are really looking forward to the cruise! It is our first one.
Old February 24th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchy
I agree NOT home, but at least to have respect. This is a cruise of a very different form than from any other cruise we have taken. I am glad we left our children at home as this was not child friendly nor was the rudeness appreciated.
you have to understand that Americans are not the only people who cruise,and that cruise companies have to try and cater for everyone. Having cruised a lot on Princess where American passengers are in the majority, it will be nice to travel with MSC where Europeans will be in the majority.
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to MatthewT Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewT

gd thing i found your question!!

im 14 and i sailed on an 18day trans-atlantic cruise on the MSC ORCHESTRA!!

i got to admit...there were ALOT of old ppl!!

but there were ENOUGH ppl our age to still have a GREAT TIME!!

in general the most common ages for teens on the boat were 14 yr olds and 16 yr olds...

since im 14 i hung out with ppl ranging from 14-16 and the crowd was biiger enuff to have fun...

languages isn't a problem btw... though 50% of the teens were from italy and couldn't speak english we NEVER talked to them...

lol instead we just had a massive group of Australian (yay), Yanks (Americans), Brits n Germans...with one swiss guy!!

there seemed to be more australian teenagers on the board so we kinda had the most popularity lol...

there was no teen area as such but u rely make ur own fun!!

just go out to the disco on the 1st nite meet some ppl the first day nd ull luv the cruise...

on the 1st nite i danced till 6 in the morning...

most of my friends LUVED the cruise even though they said it wasnt as good as others...

the kidz that didn't like the cruise were the ones i met on the very last day...i got along with them rely well nd felt sad that i couldn't have met them earlier...

the trick of enjoying the cruise is to go out to the ship and walk around until u find ppl the same age...

best spots r by the disco, pool area n the tennis/basketball court...

GOOD LUCK

n
\
BON VOYAGE!!
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Beginner

Default Orchestra

I am booked on the Orchestra with three teenage girls (18, 17, 16) for the March 21st sailing. Is anyone else with teens going at that time? Let me know and maybe we can arrange some things together with them.