Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Beginner

Default Bringing wine to the table on the Liraca

I will be travelling on the MSC Liraca on November 15th and looking forward to it. Are you allowed to bring wine onboard? Other cruiselines allow you to bring wine to the table and pay $10 corkage, is this the case with the Liraca?
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Lirica - Wine to the table??

Hi. How was your cruise???? We are looking at the Lirica 4/18/07. Did they allow you to bring wine to the table? Did they charge a coorkage fee? thanks

clay
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Bringing wine to the table on the Liraca

Quote:
Originally Posted by monag
I will be travelling on the MSC Liraca on November 15th and looking forward to it. Are you allowed to bring wine onboard? Other cruiselines allow you to bring wine to the table and pay $10 corkage, is this the case with the Liraca?
MSC cruises would not let us bring wine to the table. I contacted MSC cruises, they told me we were not 'allowed' to bring wine onboard so we didn't. As it turns out, we brought wine and alcohol onboard as long as they don't see a duty free box, they look the other way.

Did I enjoy my cruise, yes and no, the food in the Bistrot (buffet) breafast and lunch, was terrible, usually leftovers from the night before in a sauce, if you like stewed octopus and meatloaf on a cruise you will be okay. I ate hamburgers most of the time which I don't usually do on cruises. This was my 24th cruise. Would I cruise MSC again, no.

Entertainment was excellent, some of the best I have seen. Ship was very clean. Ports were excellent except Dominican Republic, not worth getting off.

We will go Princess, our preferred cruiseline, when we want 'quality' cruising.[/quote]
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Familiar Face

Default MSC again?

Hi, monag.
Thanks for replying. I will take your comments into consideration. We've cruised 21 times on Carnival, RCI, NCL, Celebrity and HAL.

When did you cruise? I understand that Richard Sasso is now CEO, who used to be at RCI. According to recent posts, I'm thinking it should be better now.

What do you think?