Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Beginner

Default Opera Fmly - kids 8/10 - Feb. 16-27, '07 Caribbean/W. Indie

We are a family of 4 - girl 10/ boy 8 traveling on the Opera Puerto Rico, West Indies, Dominican departing on February 16th. This trip was purchased thru Costco - paid adult passage and kids sail free. Although cruises are known for more mature passengers - we figured this one would not be first choice for child-free travelers. Looking for other families with similar aged children on the same cruise.

We are very excited - even with negative comments - the trip will be as fun as we make it and we aren't going with any negative attitudes about service/food/staff. Hope others on the trip have the same attitude...we're very excited about visiting some wonderful ports and just enjoying 11 nights of family vacation...hey - it beats work!
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Beginner

hello!!!

we too are on the same cruise. we are a family of 4 as well however your kids are a little younger than ours we are 13 and 15 yrs old.

I too found this cruise on costco's website. I have read a lot of the good and bad about this cruise line. I am going on this cruise with an open mind.I don't know if I am going to get in trouble to post this but if you go to cruisecritic.com there is a lot of posts about the opera and i too have posted as well under "dis2cruise" (i am a differnt name here because for some reason my old name won't go in lol!!

Cheryl
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Beginner

Default Yahoo...we got our first reply!!!

Okay...I'm all giddy now - although they are a little older at least we know there are two other "kids" - although as teens they may not appreciate being called kids. I'm going to Private message you shortly to ask you a few questions....thanks for replying.