Hi all...hopefully we can get some of these past questions answered that would be helpful for upcoming travelers. We are the family of four cruising MSC Opera in Febraury thru West Indies, Dominican....have so many questions:
1. I see from past postings there are questions regarding drink packages? Are they available on MSC Opera? If so, what's included...alcohol/no alcohol...sodas/no sodas? Is there such a thing as "open bar card?"
2. Can you bring wine onboard? If so, is there a corking fee...how much?
3. What kind of electrical outlets are onboard...we're in the good ol' US so will we need adapter on Italian ship?
4. No ship excursions for us...any suggestions for unique/interesting/fun excursions to take outside of booking them thru MSC.
5. Renting cars at ports...any recommendations -- we've done this on other vacations (Cozomel, Playa) and loved it...?
6. Any zip line tours in San Juan, St. Maaten, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Tortola, Samana? Or any special excursion suggestions?
7. Food...we love lobster/crab/shrimp/clams/oysters and all shellfish...see lots of fish - but how often is there shellfish offered?
8. Midnight buffet - is it worth staying awake for?
9. More to ask later I'm sure....
Thanks for any replies...jak