CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   MSC Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/msc-cruises/)
-   -   First time cruiser on the MSC Peosia (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/msc-cruises/368943-first-time-cruiser-msc-peosia.html)

Cruising with Kora October 22nd, 2009 07:40 PM

First time cruiser on the MSC Peosia

Hello :)
Next month, I'll be taking my first cruise. I'll be sailing on the MSC Peosia for 5 days.
I've read conflicting information regarding cruises leaving from US ports.
We'll be visiting the Grand Caymans and Ocho Rio, Jamaica. I've been told I will not need a passport but, I just don't feel confident about it. Will a birth certificate and driver's license be suffcient?

Could anyone tell me about the spas? For instance, the cost of massages, manis, pedis, etc.? Is there a charge for soft drinks on board?

I have a beautiful dress for the evening that we're to wear cocktail attire but, I'm afraid it isn't dressy enough. It's a very lovely dress but, it isn't like a ball gown...will it be OK?

Is there anything else this first timer needs to know? I'm traveling with my daughter, son in law and 5 month old granddaughter. (I'm a very young granny;) The baby (Kora) and I will be sharing a cabin, so her parents can have a second honeymoon.

Thank you in advance for all the information you provide for me :)

Cruising with Kora October 23rd, 2009 05:28 PM

Anyone? :?:

mapsmith October 24th, 2009 11:16 PM

According to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, a "Closed Loop Cruise" that is, one that starts and ends at the same US Port, can be taken with just a Driver's License and Birth Certificate. That said, if you plan on cruising a lot (and you will) go ahead and get the Passport. You probably don't really have enough time to get one before this cruise, but tell Santa you want one for Christmas.

As to the dress. Should be no problem. The formal night really is not like a Prom. Church clothes often work.

Enjoy your cruise.

Cruising with Kora October 25th, 2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapsmith
According to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, a "Closed Loop Cruise" that is, one that starts and ends at the same US Port, can be taken with just a Driver's License and Birth Certificate. That said, if you plan on cruising a lot (and you will) go ahead and get the Passport. You probably don't really have enough time to get one before this cruise, but tell Santa you want one for Christmas.

As to the dress. Should be no problem. The formal night really is not like a Prom. Church clothes often work.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much for the info :) That's exactly what I was told about the passport but, feel better hearing it from another source.

That's what I was hoping to hear about the formal night :)

Thanks again!!