CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   MSC Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/msc-cruises/)
-   -   MSC cruise line, Don't go there. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/msc-cruises/379059-msc-cruise-line-dont-go-there.html)

captchris8 December 30th, 2010 08:05 PM

MSC cruise line, Don't go there.

We just got back from a cruise in the Med. on MSC. Venice to Egypt and back. This was our first time with MSC and it will be our last. We have cruised with Holland, Celebrity, Carnival it the past. They are much much better then MSC. The food was bad, cold and boring. Some of the europian crew member had attitude problems. The communications with passengers regarding changes in ports was slow and late. MSC stand for Mediteranean Shipping Company (it really does). That is where they started. Shipping cargo. They should keep to shipping cargo and not be in the cruise ship business. We felt, at times, like we were nothing but pieces of cargo.
We will say the ship was new and beautiful.

nlb1050 December 30th, 2010 10:15 PM

We have been on 2 cruises with MSC and we did enjoy them but then both cruises were in the Caribbean. And MSC does do things a bit different in the Caribbean than in Europe. I have freind that works for MSC in the US and she has confirmed that MSC did make a number of changes from the way they are in Europe to the Caribbean so that Americans/Canadians will cruise with them.

The food is probably not much different but we never had any problems with any of it.

We would cruise with MSC again and probably will. Maybe you can try one of their Caribbean cruises.

ruthlessboss December 31st, 2010 07:29 AM

I too have done the Caribbean on MSC. Basically had no problems. There are some changes for U.S. sailings as water with meals etc. The ships are gorgeous but not ornate. The food was hit and miss depending on what was ordered in the dining room. Also, can't beat the entertainment level of skill. Would I go MSC again? yes, but not first choice. You can't beat their prices when they are trying to fill the ship. My advice? Don't go over Easter unless you know some European languages. English speaking people were minority during that timeframe and Europeans were here on their "Holiday"

Az Fabio October 14th, 2011 09:58 PM

We cruised with MSC last October and would have to agree with you.

RaceAddict November 22nd, 2011 01:29 PM

Agree with the original post? Or the message posted thereafter?

Sistersolo November 22nd, 2011 03:18 PM

Apparently I'm too late for the poll, but I would have voted in MSC's favor. I did a week in the Carribbean with them in February and enjoyed it very much. It did have a much more "European" feel about it than the other lines I've been on, which was neither better nor worse, just different. Unlike the original poster, we had excellent service, and I thought the food was very good. Certainly it was always hot and plentiful.