Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2000, 09:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via Yahoo to James
Default Chicago to Quebec City

This was a wonderful trip in July and August aboard the "Nantucket Clipper" this year. I had always wanted to go through the Welland Canal and the St. Lawrence Seaway. The canals were very intersting and the ports along the lakes were were surprisingly so. In Quebec we stayed 3 extra days and had a surprise treat the "Festival of New France" for most of the time we were there. This celebrates the anniversary of the founding of New France in 1620 and many people were in costumes of the period. There were acts and demonstrations and music of the period etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Chicago to Quebec City

James, I LOVED Nantucket Clipper. I was on it several years ago on a Maritime Provinces/New England cruise. I really enjoyed how the ship hugged the shoreline. The shoreline in Maine was particularly beautiful. I hope to be on Yorktown Clipper in Alaska someday. This year I'll be on Royal Princess in Canada/New England.

Carole