Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Default Advice???

Hi folks......

My wife and I are planning a cruise in mid-July and are considering the New England / Canada route. We've been in the Caribbean many times and want to try something different. It appears that the Carnival Victory and NCL Norwegian Sea are our only 2 alternatives at the time we want to cruise. We like the NCL ports-of-call better but have not read good reviews of that ship. We like the reviews we have read about Victory but would like more ports-of-call.

Have any of you taken these voyages and what do you recommend????

Thanks.......
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2001, 03:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Advice???

I was looking for a good deal and thought a cruise would be a good option. Travelocity is offering the 7 day New England/Canada cruise through June 17 sailing for rates starting at $429. We booked a superior outside cabin for about $550. I hope the ship is good but the deal certainly seems so. Good luck.
Old April 19th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Carole Dunham

I took Carnival's Victory last fall and loved it, my first Carnival cruise. yes, there are only two ports, but Halifax is fascinating and Saint John is where my father was born, so I was very happy with those two ports. Victory was a vacation in itself, a terrific ship.

Carole
Old May 18th, 2001, 04:35 PM
jim thompson

I took the Carnival tour last year on the Destiny and will take the Norweigan Sea next month. It depends on what you want to do. The NCL gives you 5 stops, Carnival only 2. Halifax was great (and you get there on either ship). I wasn't that impressed with Saint John. Unless you take a tour, you can walk around the town in about 2 hours and see it all.

But the Carrnival ship is a great, spacious boat. The food is plentiful and round the clock. A pizzaria serves 24 hours a day and is actually very good. Carnival rooms are also much bigger than NCL's. I guess the bottom line is Carnival for the luxury vs NCL for the better of the port stops.