Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2001, 05:35 AM
Default new york

We are leaving on a cruise from new york in June. WE are arriving
sun at 9;30 and the ship sails at 4 pm. would like to go to ellis island and the statue of liberty before leaving that day.
How far is it from the pier of New York to the ferry that takes
you to the two sites? Do you think we could just drop our luggage off at the pier and than walk or go to the ferry? what do you think? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Default Re: new york

When you arrive at the pier in NY there will be at least 3 cruise ships disembarking that morning. They will not take your luggage until the luggage from the three arriving ships has been picked up. From the pier it is a 15 - 30 minute cab ride to get the ferry for the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island. It will depend on traffic. I don't remember ever not seeing a line waiting for the ferry so I think you will be cutting things very close. Leave plenty of time to get back to the ship as traffic around the pier will be very bad at this time of the day. At the New York piers 3 or 4 ships come in within an hour in the morning and depart the same way in the afternoon. Enjoy your cruise.
Old May 15th, 2001, 06:39 PM

Are you on the 6/3 cruise to Halifax?
We just visited NYC last weekend. Stayed in financial district. Never used a cab. Either walked or took the subway (including from JFK). Much faster (and cheaper) than cabs! The ferry to Ellis Island & the statue (I belive 2 seperate ones) leave from Battery Park on the southern tip of Manhattan.
Further problem is if you "arrive" at 9:30 you need time for luggage, etc. Could you arrive Sat. or leave Monday?
Good luck!!!
Old July 19th, 2001, 11:56 PM

I am leaving on Monday form NY, was wondering how much time do I need to check in? I hope to arrive at 2:30 p.m. What is the check-in like? long lines?
Old August 10th, 2001, 11:44 PM
Carole Dunham

It took me about 15-20 minutes last year to board Carnival's Victory. I arrived at the pieer around noon. The majority of the people should have boarded by 2:30. Have a great cruise. I'm sailing on September 10th on Royal Princess on a longer New England/Canada cruise. Love it up there.