Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2001, 11:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Transportation to NY Pier

There are six of us going on the Victory in September and we'll be flying to JFK and will probably take a cab to the pier.
Our TA said Carnival's transfers are very expensive so we have no idea what we are looking at in cab fare or airport limo fare. We don't know where the pier is located...can anyone help with any of this info??? When we get to the pier..what's next? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Transportation to NY Pier

Check out this link for directions to the pier:

http://www.bestweb.net/~travel1/pierpark.htm

Cab fare from Laguardia should be about $25-30. Not sure about JFK.
Old May 29th, 2001, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info, great website.
Old June 19th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Carole Dunham

JFK is considerably farther out.Last time I flew into JFK, the money I saved on airfare (JetBlue, cheap) was totally offset by the taxi fare into Manhattan, around $75.00 with the tip. Call Carey Limo (they have a national 800 number) and ask them how much limo transportation for 6 will be. Most NY cabs are quite small and you will have to take a few of them to accommodate everyone. A limo will take all of you in much more comfort than a cab. The piers are in midtown Manhattan on the West side, fairly close to the Broadway area.

Carole
Old June 29th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

We are also going on the Victory in September, but flying in to LaGuardia. Our travel agent booked our transfers for us. Don't know yet what company we're using, but the good thing is it's already paid for!
Old August 27th, 2001, 06:06 PM
LaRee

Try Super Shuttle. We're flying into Newark, NJ and I've been told the cost from Newark to the pier in NY will be around $14 - $17 per person and since they have mini vans your whole party and luggage should make it in one trip. I usually add a tip of $1 a bag plus a couple of more dollars.
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:35 PM
susancruzs

We're staying at a hotel before our cruise and I did a pre-booking with Grayline. It is 14.00 from Newark to Manhattan and I think that is a deal. They said all I have to do is go to the desk in the baggage area, give them my confirmation # and they will have a van there in less than 15 minutes. Cheaper than van rides in Chicago.