Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2001, 06:33 PM
snickers

Default What month for fall folliage would be best.

I am from Texas and am considering a New England/Canada cruise with my husband this fall. Which month considering the weather this year would be best to see the most colors? I am partially to the red/yellow changes on the trees.

Also which cruise line in this part of the country does the best job with the excursions to see the change of colors?

Thank you for your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2001, 06:21 PM
Ug

Default October

Mid October or later at that, be prepared for some cool weather though ;-(
Old July 7th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Janman

Default Re: What month for fall folliage would be best.

As a New Englander I wouldn't wait until mid October as most of the color will be past peak. Remember the color moves north to south. we usually figure the best time to see the best color is from the last few days in Sept to the Oct. 12 holiday with the earlier date being to the north. We have been having some well spaced rain so looks like the colors might be good this year.
Old September 5th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Admiral

I agree with Janman. Foliage tourism increases from mid-Sept. to mid-October with Columbus weekend often being past peak in the mountains. Colors are just starting to appear, but we are still experiencing Summer like days and evenings. Mornings are 58-60, so just a little chilly. If you are cruising out of Boston, you wont' see a lot of foliage color in the city, but should experience more as your cruise the coast line up to Maine, etc.
Old September 24th, 2001, 01:47 PM
cruzdiva

I just returned from a New England/Canada cruise. This year it was extremely dry in New England and Eastern Canada and the fall colors will be sparse and probably gone by early October. I got this information from a New Englander who is in the tour business. French Canada already has abouot half of its fall colors. It's an area that's loaded with lakes and rivers, so it doesn't matter how much rain it gets. The fall colors will be at their height in 10-14 days and gone by mid-October. Any year you want to cruise that part of the world, just keep checking the weather from early summer on.

Carole
Old June 29th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: What month for fall folliage would be best.

Last 2 weeks of September for the Maine area. The further north you go the earlier....