Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2001, 09:37 PM
juliejoe

Default Carol D and Susan

I look foreward to your insights after your cruise on the Royal Princess in Sept. Will you be posting reviews? We are planning the Rhapsody of the Seas in 2002 (9/22 - 10/2) hoping for lots of beautiful fall color. I have started my collection of information (I plan waaaay ahead) and will be anxious to add your suggestions for time spent in the ports.
Julie
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2001, 11:23 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Carol D and Susan

Hi JulieJoe,

This will be my third New England/Canada cruise. Before cruisemates existed I wrote an extensive review of my Nantucket Clipper cruise on www.sealetter.com. to say that I love this part of the world is an understatement. I come from a loyalist family, my father was born in Saint John, N.B. in 1887! He was actually booked on the maiden voyage of the Titanic, but cancelled because the sailing was delayed two weeks and he needed to go home. I only haven't been to Quebec City and I haven't been to Montreal in 50 years, but Maritime Canada I know and love. I promise I will post a review when we return from Royal Princess.

Carole
Old August 1st, 2001, 03:19 PM
juliejoe

Carol,
The itinerary for RCI next year says St. John Newfoundland. I find info on St John New Brunswick that sounds like the same place, judging by the shore excursions offered by RCI. What is the difference in the two? Thanks!
Looking forward to learning more!
Julie
Old August 3rd, 2001, 12:44 AM
Carole Dunham

It's Saint John, NB and it's St. John, Newfoundland. Different cities and different provinces. Newfoundland is much further out and further north into the Atlantic. I've never been there, just to Saint John, N.B. I found the ancestor that came to Canada from Long Island after the Revolutionary war (Colonial Rebellion to our cousins on the other side of the border). Now I just have to find his grave. He brought a lot of people to New Brunswick and because of that was pretty prominent so they should have a record of where he is.

Carole
Old August 3rd, 2001, 08:05 PM
juliejoe

Carol
We must be going to Saint John New Brunswick - wherever I saw or got the idea Newfoundland must be a typo, or my misunderstanding. Good luck on your search and I'll watch for your review! I know you'll have a great cruise!
Julie
Old August 4th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Carole Dunham

Thanks Julie, I booked our shore excursions online last night and all of a sudden it's becoming very real to me.

Carole
Old August 15th, 2001, 06:29 PM
rewsr1

Carole...What is the date of your cruise ond on what ship? I am going in October on the Grandeur. Where will your review be posted? I'm eager to read it.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 07:44 PM
susancruzs

Hi, I'm going with Carole and plan to post a review on Cruise Mates when I get back. I've never done a New England cruise before so I am really look forward to this trip! Our dates our Sept 10 - 20 so our reviews should be posted before you leave on the Grandeur. We are going on the Royal Princess though but I imagine to some of the same ports you will visit. Enjoy! Sue
Old August 27th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi,

I'll post it here and maybe I'll copy it and post it elsewhere. But first loyalties are to cruisemates.

Carole
Old September 14th, 2001, 03:01 AM
Admiral

juliejoe,

I saw Carole and Susan during their port of call in Boston today. Their cruise is on schedule, in spite of the events of the last few days. They actually left New York on Monday night, so they were among the last to see the twin towers of the World Trade Center at night.

I don't check this board very often, so please send e-mail if you have questions about any of the attractions in the Boston area. That way, I'll be sure to provide a timely response.

Norm.
Old September 22nd, 2001, 06:17 PM
cruzdiva

Thanks to Norm, great guy that he is, we had a super tour of the Minute Man National Park and the old North Bridge where the first American Victory of the Revolutionary War occurred. It's refreshing to see how beautiful and peaceful it is. Hopefully the attack sites from the terrorists will be the same, equally peaceful and beautiful in the near future. For those who requested it, my review is up here on cruisemates in the Princess review section.

Carole