Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2002, 01:59 PM
maryj

Default passenger ship docks new york

Does anyone know if the passenger ship docks in new york have a place to safely store your luggage while you tour the city?
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: passenger ship docks new york

If you are talking about a day in advance , I think the answer is no. If you are talking about the same day as your cruise, then you can essentially accomplish what you want.
When you arrive at the pier you can turn your luggage over to the longshoremen at curbside. Make sure your room tags are securely attached to each piece. If you want to then go explore mid town Manhattan for a few hours and come back a couple of hours later, this can be done. You will find you baggage delivered outside your cabin. Enjoy your cruise.
Old March 30th, 2002, 04:08 PM
maryj

Default Re: Re: passenger ship docks new york

How about the day we come back. The ship docks at 8am and we don't fly out unitl 6pm. Will they hold our luggage while we take the greylines tour?
Old April 1st, 2002, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: passenger ship docks new york

I do not believe that such service is available at the pier. Try contacting Grey lines and see if they have such a service at their terminal or ticket office.
Old April 6th, 2002, 04:02 PM
maryj

Thanks, Bill. Will do.
Old April 7th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Vicki C

How far is the docks from JFK? Dock at 7AM fly out at 11:55. Will have any problems doing this?
Thanks
Vicki
Old April 8th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: passenger ship docks new york

Try and be one of first off the ship. Mileage to JFK is probably only 10 or 12 miles, maybe 15. Cross Manhattan and the accross Queens. Depending on time of day and day(I presume weekend) trip can be 30to40 minutes , can be hours. That said, if you are off the ship by 9am you should be quite fine even with the 2 hour arrival times.
Old April 9th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Vicki C

Thanks Bill, this will be on a Friday in late Sept.
Should be allright.
Vicki
Old April 10th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Don't delay getting off the ship. Friday , regular work day and you will hit at least part of the rush hour traffic.
Have a wonderful cruise.
Old April 15th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Vicki C

Thanks Bill, will get off as quick as we can. Will be the wonderful end to a 15 day transatlantic cruise that starts in London, England.
Vicki
Old May 4th, 2002, 11:08 PM
First Mate

We too will be flying out of JFK, and our plane leaves for home at 12:10pm.
Can anyone give me an idea of cab fare from the docks to the airport? Are there shuttles available?
Is the Circleline close to were the cruise ships dock? We want to to take the 3 hour cruise around Manhattan. We fly in on Friday and I am looking for a hotel close
to the dock. We will have Saturday morning and early afternoon to sightsee a bit before our sailing.
I am looking forward to seeing those fall colors!
Old May 8th, 2002, 09:08 PM
maryj

We are going to stay at the Holiday Inn on 57th street. I understand it is just a few blocks from the cruise ship docks and not far from Central Park. I think you are cutting it close if you are going to fly out at 12:10 pm on the same day your ship docks. I understand traffic can be terrible, and you need to get to the airport 2-3 hours before your flight.