Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2002, 07:57 PM
jessie miller

Default LGA to Port

My husband and I just booked the Golden Princess for a one week cruise this Fall. We fly into LaGuardia airport at about 1:00 p.m. on the day of departure. The ship leaves at 5:00 p.m. Should we be concerned that we are cutting things too short? I am advised that LGA is only 12 miles from the port. About how much should we expect to pay for a taxi? Are there buses that run from LGA to the port . . . on a Saturday? Thanks for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2002, 01:54 PM
First Mate

Default Re: LGA to Port

We are booked to go the 12th, which week in Oct are you going?
Have you run across much information on the excursions that are available at the different ports? I am looking forward to sailing on the Golden.
Have a great trip!
Sharon
Old June 23rd, 2002, 10:14 PM
Michela

Hi, Jessie!

4 hours should more than enough to get from LGA to the port. Assuming that your plane and luggage all come out on schedule, you should be at the port by 3pm.

I don't know about buses, but here is a website that should give you some info:

www.mnr.org

This is the NYC mass transit site.

For a cab, it should not cost more than $30 (+ $3.50 for toll + tip). Of course, if there is a lot of traffic this will affect the price, but on a Saturday afternoon you should be fine. It will take about 40 - 45 minutes to get to the port from LGA. It is only about 12 miles away, but the problem is that you have to drive through Manhattan, and going cross-town takes longer.

Have a great cruise!

- Michela
Old June 27th, 2002, 12:49 PM
G. WASHINGTON

AS A NATIVE NEW YORKER 45 MINS AT THE MOST, UNLESS AUTO,CONST. OR WEATHER THEN 1HR TO 1HR 15MIN
Old July 11th, 2002, 09:13 AM
First Mate

I found info about taxi cost on the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal's website:

http://www.nypst.com/

They estimate $22-$30, depending on traffic, from LaGuardia to the ship terminal plus tolls and tip. BTW, JFK is a $35 flat rate plus tolls and tip, and Newark is an estimated $45 plus tolls and tip.

We'll be on the Oct. 5 sailing of the Golden. The other ships in NYC that day are the Celebrity Zenith and Carnival Triumph. The Zenith does NYC to Bermuda cruises. The Triumph is ending its New England cruises that day. It sails without passengers down to Norfolk to do a six-day Bahamas cruise from there on Oct. 6.