Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2002, 01:22 PM
karen and jim

Default July weather heading to Halifax

I am doing the four day cruise to Halifax via the Triumph, leaving on July 4th. What is the weather like cruising the Atlantic this time of year? Short, slacks and sweater, or what?
Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2002, 04:38 PM
Passenger

Default Re: July weather heading to Halifax

From looking at a couple of other boards, it looks like the weather runs about fifteen degrees cooler up there. we are also going on the triumph but after you, on the 8th.
Happy Sailing!!
Old July 1st, 2002, 05:57 PM
karen and jim

Default Re: Re: July weather heading to Halifax

Hi Karenmarie

So what type of clothes are you packing? Taking any shorts? I've checked the Halifax forecast and it looks like highs in the high 60's and lows around 50. But how do you know what the temps will be cruising the Atlantic? I don't want to take too much.
Old July 2nd, 2002, 11:06 AM
shea

Default Re: July weather heading to Halifax

Hello, I live in Halifax and this month the temperatures have been cooler then usual, but they can change in a instant. July is usually shorts and t shirt weather, but a sweatshirt may be good for excursions on the coast. It tends to be foggy off Halifax but once in town it will be hot. You are looking at 70's to 80's for an afternoon high. My father was a sea captain out of Halifax and he always said that once you are off the coast the temps get warm due to the Gulf Stream that comes up the coast from the south, so it may be very nice on route to halifax. Enjoy your stay in my home city!! The Triumph is a beautiful ship, I sailed on her in Jan 01 for my wedding. Have a great time.....
Old July 2nd, 2002, 12:38 PM
karen and jim

Default Re: Re: July weather heading to Halifax

Thanks for all the info Shea! I really appreciate it.
Old July 3rd, 2002, 01:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: July weather heading to Halifax

Karen and jim,
not many days left now, is there? Did you decide on what to take? I figured I'd take a little of each!
Old July 3rd, 2002, 09:05 PM
karen and jim

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: July weather heading to Halifax

Hi Karenmarie
You got it!!!! A little of each. Which makes for heavy packing for a four night cruise. I have a friend in Halifax. It is hot and humid there today. But by Saturday a high of 60 is predicted. Sounds good to me right about now as we are cooking in S Jersey. It will be interesting to see the temp out over the Atlantic. Hope you have a great time as well. ox