Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2002, 09:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Boston Port

We will be ending our cruise at Boston and our flight does not leave until 3:30 pm from the Boston airport. We do not want to take the ship sponsored excursion, as we will have stayed in Boston prior to the cruise, and will have seen most of what we wanted to see. Does anyone have ideas on how we can use up this time? Is there a place at the ship terminal to store our luggage so that we can go do something and then come back and get luggage and take a cab to airport. OR...should we go ahead and go to airport and check in and leave our luggage, and then possibly go do something on our own from the airport. Is there anything near the airport, or the ship terminal. Please advise any ideas, also please email me.
Thanks,
Jackie
jackiealu@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Diane Kent

Default Re: Boston Port

I have the same questions as you. I am thinking of hiring a limo to take as around on the tour and that way we have the luggage taken care of. I can not seem to get an answer how early you can check your luggage but what I am hearing not more than 3 hours ahead of time. Maybe you can ask the hotel you are staying pre-cruise if they will store your luggage. My other idea is there is a Hertz car rental across from the peir and you could do that and drop at the airport that way you have transport to the airport plus a place to put the luggage.
Old September 2nd, 2002, 08:34 PM
Krayziecr

Default Re: Re: Boston Port

I live right near the airport and honestly there's nothing to do at the port or near the airport. I would say your best bet would be to drop your bags at the airport and take the train out of airport station into downtown Boston and do something from there. Depending on when your cruise is there should be things to do/see. If it is around Christmas time I would suggest walking along Washington Street and also going to see all the various ice sculptures around the City, maybe a visit to the Museum of Science Omni Theater.

Chris
Old October 6th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LGalla9464 Send a message via MSN to LGalla9464
Default Re: Re: Re: Boston Port

I agree with the above post from Chris. I lived in Boston and the T (Train) is great. Takes you right from the airport to wherever you would like to go. On renting a car.....not sure I would from one place and drop off at the airport...there are usually charges associated with that and the prices for rentals in Boston are NOT cheap. Aside from Washington Street shopping district, awesome during the Holiday season, there is Fanieul Hall and the North End....very easy to do by the T.
Laura
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:50 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

This might be a really dumb question, but does the T run both ways on one track? I am looking at a map and see the colored lines to indicate the T route, but it doesnt show which direction it runs....Would hate to get on going the wrong direction!!!

Thanks!

~Carey

Old April 29th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were in Boston once and tried to leave our luggage at the airport and rent a car. There were no lockers available and there is a limit to the time you can leave your luggage. That was not an issue because all the lockers were full. We were very disgusted.
Old April 29th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Parrot Mom

Because of 9/112 all lockers have b een taken out of Logan Airport, don't take it personally.
Old April 29th, 2004, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

As far as I know, all lockers have been taken out of all major airports. In the Denver airport, they are physically there, but you cant use them.
Sometimes your airline will hold your luggage for you at the counter where you would go if your luggage was stolen.