Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2003, 08:11 AM
First Mate

Default no one posts here!!

We are doing st. john, halifax cruise in sept....does anyone have any thoughts on what we will see...we sail serenade of the seas sept 29th anyone going?

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Beginner

Default Re: no one posts here!!

I've found information about NE/Canada cruises on the Princess message board.
You just have to try and weed through them or use the search feature.
And there are also postings on the cruisecritic.com boards. Use search feature there too.
This time of year doesn't seem to offer too many messages. Most of the postings are from last year when people were planning and returning from their fall cruises.
I've also done alot of research online by myself my just typing in the names of the ports that you will be visiting.
I think I have some of the sites bookmarked. E-mail me if you would like them.
Our cruise is Oct 5 on the Golden to Halifax, Saint John, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 01:26 AM
SF Sharon

Hi Carolyn, We are considering doing the Golden NE ourselves, but are wondering how all the heavy rain back East is going to affect the fall foliage. That's one main reason we would consider the cruise in the Fall. If the foliage won't be good (or worse, no leaves left on the trees!) or if the foliage isn't visible in and near the ports, then maybe a summer cruise to New England might be preferable, as we are not looking for Alaska-like weather unless there is a HUGE payoff in beauty.

Have you done a New England sailing before? We are quite familiar with the Golden Princess as we sailed the Star Princess last month, but we've not yet had the pleasure of visiting the East Coast.

Years ago I landed briefly at Bangor, Maine in the autumn, in order for a charter flight to refuel on its way back from Europe. The overhead view of the trees in their fall hues was one of the prettiest sights I have ever seen.

All your thoughts and comments will be much appreciated.
Old June 29th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Passenger

I've lived in Maine my entire life, and we ALWAYS have beatiful foliage no matter what our summer weather is like.... It's actually the changing of warm temps to cold temps that make the colors change....

That being said, the best time to view our leaves would be the last 2 weeks in September. I week earlier if you were heading to the more northern parts of Maine.

Hope that helps.

Amanda