CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   New England / Canada (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/new-england-canada/)
-   -   fall cruise sept. 27th carnival (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/new-england-canada/255570-fall-cruise-sept-27th-carnival.html)

jacobs August 7th, 2003 01:59 PM

fall cruise sept. 27th carnival

hi Im going to be on sept 27th carnvial cruise ship victory...will I be able to see any fall foliage in ports. portland ,boston, halifax, syndey...or will I have to go inland...thanks....

Nanatravel August 8th, 2003 02:07 PM

Re: fall cruise sept. 27th carnival

You just never know what Mother Nature will provide. There is a decent chance the trees may start to turn by then. Peak weeks are usually around Columbus Day. We have had a lot of rain this week. Sometimes when it is a dry spell, with cool mornings, the colors change early. We are just getting green grass back after no rain for the entire Summer. Take an inland tour up to Freeport from Portland and you may see some color on the way as it is just North. Take a trolley tour at Boston to see all of the historic sites.

kermit the frog September 14th, 2003 10:10 PM

just got back from the curise nothing yet they said 2-3 more weeks for halifax to really start so u may have siome (they need a frost or 2 first they say) they call it a folliage cruise but they arnl;t lying if you consider green still preety scenery

the scotts September 19th, 2003 07:13 PM

Re: Re: fall cruise sept. 27th carnival

Please come back and write a review or email us as well be going "NEXT" September 2004 and are trying to learn all we can about the ports and the Victory.

Our first stop will be Boston, but it's on Sunday and was wondering if any tours, shop, "the Cheers Bar" will be open.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

BON VOYAGE!!!

dustyroad December 7th, 2003 03:14 PM

jacobs

i just noticed your post and would really like to know how your cruise went. did you see any leaves changing? also how were the ports and what did you do. i would love to take this cruise and want to go next year. i would like to take the tour of the old ships and possibly do the excursion on one while in a port. please post and let us know how your trip went and any names of good tours you took and the sites you saw. dusty

Karen16 December 22nd, 2003 02:47 AM

The foliage isn't coastal but interior areas. This past year was a late season, we were about 10 days behind last year. If the leaves are a priority- you need to consider renting a car and driving. Be agressive with the foliage reports just before you go and rent from that area of oncoming peak colors.

hcat December 29th, 2003 12:16 PM

We're on Constellation to canada & New England for 9/20/04--just sounds like a nice itin--leaves or not. BTW Hi Nantravel How are you doing?

hostess April 13th, 2004 05:03 PM

which airport are you flying into? we are on Victory 9/25/04. We are coming in a day earlier to see the city, any hotel info would be helpful. thanks