Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2003, 01:49 AM
First Mate

Default Regal Princess New England/Canada Sept 23

We are taking the Regal Princess from NY to Montreal on Sept 23, 03. This is our second cruise. First being to Alaska on the Dawn Princess. LOVED IT. We really enjoyed Princess. Have been planning what to see at our stops this time....Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, St John, Halifax, Quebec City & Montreal. Any one have any suggestions if you've been on this one?????
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Regal Princess New England/Canada Sept 23

I have not sailed the itinerary, but do live in New England and have traveled to most of these cities & towns. This itinerary sounds very nice. It must be 10 nights.
Newport - do a Mansion tour- maybe entry into a couple of them with a guide. I am sure you will find independent operators at the port.
Boston - take a trolley tour - on/off access at more that 20 stops
Bar Harbor - take a land tour to include Cadilac Mountain and Arcadia National Park.
St John - no comment but have heard the Reversing Falls are nice
Halifax - a private land tour to include the Citadel and Peggy's Cove
Quebec City - you can walk until you drop or do a 3-4 hour independent tour of the city. Include a stop into the Chateau Frontenauc
Montreal - another great walking port - take a Trolley Tour.

I highly recommend the local trolley tours as they are narrated, there are numerous stops at historic sites, and often you can get on and off wherever they stop. They also save a lot of money and energy.
Bon voyage
Old September 20th, 2003, 09:43 AM
CurtisS

Default Re: Regal Princess New England/Canada Sept 23

The wife and I just got back from the Sept 4 - 14 trip that you will be taking. You are going to love it.

We did the mansion tour in Newport and it was nice. In Boston, we took the Presidents tour covering John Adams and the Kennedy Library, this was also very interesting. I agree with the former post for the rest of the ports. For St. John's we took the day tour to St. Andrews by the sea which was beauiful, but took awhile to get there. Do not miss Peggy's Cove, it is where I took the most photos. The best port will be Quebec City, which ranks as one of the most beautiful cites that I have been to. Montreal was a bit of a disapointment, you will wish that the tour had spent an extra day in Quebec City.

You may not need to tour every day, it can become kind of a grind. Also, do not worry about the sickness that was recently reported on the Regal Princess, we went the next week following and did not have any problems on board.