Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Default PLEASE help - and FAST!!

My wife and I were getting ready to leave for Florida next week, but with the hurricane issue's, we called our TA to see what other options were. He found us a cruise to Halifax and New Brunswick for $740 out of NYC.

Can someone please tell me what the weather is like at sea at this time, and what there is to do in these ports?
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Default Re: PLEASE help - and FAST!!

I am not sure about the weather. I went on your type cruise a few years ago the first week of Sep. It was windy at sea but not that cold. I had a sweatshrit jacket I wore and was fine. My husband likes the cold so he went jacketless. At port it was chilly in the am but by miday it was pleasent.

As for things to do, in New Brusnwick we did one of the ship excusions to the MOOSEHEAD brewery plus it made a stop at the Bay of Funday{a river which looks like it is moving backwards at high tide-oh something like that}. It then let you off in a market type place. The Moosehead tour was neat. After it they let you have samples. These were not the samples I was used to. They had a diffrent types beers to choose from and gave you a full mug if it was on tap or a normal size bottle. They told us you could have as many as you wanted. Being it was 8am when we went{that was the only time they had openings for that excusion}I only had 1. Having beer and pretzels at 8am.....

As for Halixfax, I enjoyed it. In fact we are crusing back there in Oct. -There is a broadwalk just down from the dock. It has shops,bars,restaurants etc..Than ther eis Peggys Cove-which is about 1hr away-it is a famous lighthouse that is now a postoffice. There is also a Maritime musum you can walk too that has an Titanic exhibit. Alot of places to see can be done on foot if you dont mind walking.

One note they will take Amercian cash in the stores etc..but will give you back Canadian currency. You might want to carry small bills so you dont get stuck w/alot in Canandian money.

Hope this helps-Enjoy
Old September 14th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Default Re: PLEASE help - and FAST!!

Just a note about shopping in Canada...when we have been in the past we use our credit card as much as possible...on the bill, it shows the charge in Canadian & then exchanges it to American & you get the official rate of the day. So much easier...but doesn't work well for getting a candy bar!