Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Anyone going? Constellation 13-day Canada/New England 10/11

I just booked this cruise while on the Summit. I think this is a new itinerary for the Constellation. Last year only the Galaxy went to Canada/New England out of NY.

Anyone else going?
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2003, 12:13 PM
hcat

Default Re: Anyone going? Constellation 13-day Canada/New England 1

sorry we are not on your cruise but are booked for the 9/20/04 11 night on Constellation to same area. Did not see the other itin when we booked--You will be going to Newfoundland in addition to the ports we will see. Sounds great but it's too late for us to change as our vacation & schedules are set way in advance at work...Hope we will hear more abour these places--also glad we got Constellation so we can leave from NY, skip Boston, & be on a non-Mega size ship!! This will be or first non-Carib cruise so I hope it will be fun..if it works well we'll try Alaska next! enjoy planning your trip!
Old January 20th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeoman

hcat

We usually do Eastern Caribbean cruises since we live in Miami. Last May we did go to Bermuda though.

We were originally scheduled for the Jewel of the Seas in December 04, but while we were on the Summit this past December on the Souther Carib itinerary, my husband said lets give the Eastern Carib a break, so I booked the Constellation to Canada/New England on board and then cancelled my Jewel cruise.

We are going on the Explorer of the Seas in May, of course Eastern Carib, and again on the Millie also Eastern Carib Jan 05, got a great deal on this one.

If you haven't been to Hawaii yet, there is a new 15-day roundtrip from San Diego to Hawaii on the Infinity. You don't have to fly to Honolulu, just San Diego.

This cruise was so popular for this Dec that it is sold out. They are going to add this cruise with more dates for 05.

Something to consider.
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Meribeth

Default Re: Re: Anyone going? Constellation 13-day Canada/New Engla

Cathy,
My husband and I are on this cruise. We were on the Constellation in June 2002 in the Baltics on her 4th cruise. Can't wait to sail out of New York past the Statue of Liberty.
Meribeth
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Marianne Smotherman

Yes, we booked this cruise while on the MIllenium in February. THe itinerary sounds wonderful.
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm all set to go. Got my airfare to NY and my hotels pre and post cruise all set up. Priceline is fabulous. Got the Waldorf and NY Hilton and Towers for $125 a night.

We have a Caribbean cruise in three weeks, but are looking forward to the Connie and Canada/New England. I've never been on this ship. We were on the Summit and loved it.

We also went to Bermuda last year out of NYC and it is wonderful leaving from there. As an ex-New Yorker and now a Floridian, I love going down the Hudson River.

This time we are going to play tourists when we go to NY. Take in some shows etc. I don't miss living and working in NYC, but love to visit the old gal.
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Parrot Mom

SKIP BOSTON, are you kidding.. As a Bostonian we ended up on a cruise back there and didn't get off the ship, but our friends did.. I was thrilled how much they loved Boston, they want to come back and tour again.. They thought it was clean and grafitti free...never thought of that. Boston is a walkable city...there is so much to see history wise, restaurants, shopping and theatre... If anybody has questions about Boston, please write..
Old April 12th, 2004, 12:19 PM
hcat

Boston is a nice weekend trip for us from NY--not anything I need to cruise to--it is also convenient for us to leave from NYC rather than drive all the way to & from Boston for a cruise--To those who can't or don't go there often it will be a treat!
Old June 11th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Mike Essman

Anyone have any advice on how to dress for the 10/11 Canada-New England Cruise.
Down here in Georgia, we're still very early Fall with many warm days.
Old June 13th, 2004, 04:05 PM
First Mate

I'll be in leaving 10/11 for Canada/New England as well. I live in Miami now, but I did live in NY most of my life.

I will just check the weather the week before to see what the predictions are. It's hard to tell up there, the weather changes from day to day.

I plan on layering. I will be bring a windproof jacket, lightweight vest to go underneath if needed or by itself. Some long-sleeve tops, T-shirts and jeans or long pants. I'll also throw in some light gloves and if I need a hat I'll buy one there. I will leave the sandals home and bring some good walking/hiking shoes and socks.

I usually do Caribbean cruises, so this will be different packing experience.

Any good packing ideas would be appreciated as well.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old June 13th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Meirbeth

Mike,
There's a group of us on this cruise. There's a post on cruisecritic.com in the Celebrity Connections section. We're also using cruisetender.com. The owner of that site is publishing newletters specific to our cruise. Please going us.
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Carolyn Phares

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone going? Constellation 13-day Canada/New E

Did you like the Constallation?
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:30 AM
sweet sheep

Kathy M.

What happened? You were posting on C C in the beginning but have not heard from you in a long time. We are on page 7 with our postings and making plans on how to meet and etc. Please join us! If you are having problems getting in CC because of new site then let me know and i will help you with it.

Shirley )Plantation, Fl) lss106@aol.com