Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Victory Halifax ship tour prices

Good Evening,

Does anyone out there have the Carnvial Ship tour prices for Peggy's Cove tour in Halixfax?

Also has anyone used this service called: "your cab tour ca." Halifax? If so how was it?

Thanks
Sherry

RCI Mariner 2005 St. Thomas St Marteen
NCL Star 2006 Seattle to Alaska
NCL Pride of Aloha 2007 Hawaii Island Hopping
url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Free Cruise Clocks
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Victory Halifax ship tour prices

Hi, Sherry!

I sailed on the Victory last summer, the July 26 five-night cruise to St John and Halifax. We did not purchase the Carnival tour of Peggy's Cove, so I don't remember what the cost was.

We hired Bob MacClintock of Tour By Taxi to show us Halifax. We chose his four-hour Halifax City/Peggy's Cove tour. It was a private tour in his very comfy Mercedes, just me and hubby, and the total cost was US$114.00. The tour was positively idyllic, and Bob is an excellent ambassador of Nova Scotia. On the way to Peggy's Cover, he took us to two other fishing villages, very unique and so out-of-the-way that no tour bus could ever reach them. At the end of the wonderful tour, he dropped us off at the gorgeous Halifax Public Gardens, a pleasant 15 minute walk from back to the pier.

I would highly recommend using Bob before using a Carnival mass-people tour. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old May 22nd, 2004, 06:27 PM
ginamarie

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory Halifax ship tour prices

My husband and I are actually going to Halifax on Carnival's June 7 cruise out of NYC. Do you have the contact info for your tour?
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:54 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

His site is www.tourbytaxi.com. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about him and his services.

Old May 23rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Parrot Mom

Make sure you get the driver to take you to the graves of the Titanic victims whch is the most moving experience we've had in cruising all these years.. and to the Citadel to enjoythe noon concert. Sadly the Halifax Gardens were badly damaged due to the Hurricane Juan last year.. right after we left.. Halifax is a wonderful city and great people..
Old May 23rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
sbb

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory Halifax ship tour prices

Did you hire Bob MacLintock (Tour By Taxi) ahead of time or the day you arrived in Halifax? I've emailed him several times but have not received a reply.