Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:25 PM
sjp

Default Holland American New England/Canadian Cruise

We are thinking of taking a cruise on the Ms Maasdam on the Holland America line in July or August to Canada and New England. I know we wont see fall foliage, but has anyone taken this cruise? What was your opinion, and how was the weather? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Holland American New England/Canadian Cruise

sip

Hopefully someone will respond with your cruise questions.

I'll comment on the weather in Eastern Canada/New England in July/August. In the daytime, expect 68 - 85 F, night time slightly cooler. In Nova Scotia expect the need for airconditioning some days in July/August. Temperatures on the water can be cooler, cool sea breezes are refreshing, bring sweater. After the end of August expect the nights to be definately cooler, e.g. 45's - 60's, daytime 55 - 65. July/August is an ideal time to travel due to variety of temperatures which are comfortable.

Ken
Old April 10th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Holland American New England/Canadian Cruise

Hi Ken,

I'll be cruising Canada/New England on October 11. How's the weather at that time?

I'm an ex New Yorker but now a Floridian and I've forgotten what type of weather New England, Nova Scotia has.

Any input would help. Thanks.