Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Sandy Field

Default info on upgrades please

I just booked a cruise on the carnival victory on July 3rd and being so soon we paid in full. Does this mean that we will not get an upgrade? How can we find out if we have been upgraded? The TA told us our room number. Thanks, Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 02:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: info on upgrades please

Hi Sandy - Did u book a 'guarantee'? U can never get less than the category u request and pay for but u have to take what they assign u however, that said, u can get some great upgrades. Paying in full doesn't mean u have to book a specific room unless u didn't ask for a guarantee in that category or it wasn't available - upgrades have nothing to do with whether or not u have paid. Sometimes those who get an assigned cabin do receive or are offered an upgrade but usually only if the ship doesn't fill up or is filling slowly. U usually find out at the pier or ask your TA to check on that for u before u leave. Wouldn't hurt to suggest to your TA that u wld like to try for an upgrade...I do, however, not recommend a guarantee for a first-time cruiser -preference is usually directed at past passengers first. Hope u are one of the lucky ones & happy cruisin'!
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Frequent Cruiser

If you are so concerned with "upgrades, " do it now. That is, pay for a higher category cabin.

What is it with so many wanting freebies?

It's no wonder that cruise lines make us all pay for more once onboard.
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Passenger

You wouldn't want an upgrade if offered one? I am not sooooooo concerned with getting an upgrade. I never even knew there was such a thing until I started reading about them. I wanted a window midship and that is what I paid for. It is people like you that make people like me ( new cruisers) afraid to ask questions on a message board.
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:18 AM
RobW

If you have your room number and have paid in full, that IS THE ROOM you will have with Carnival. They do not upgrade unless you have a guarantee type room.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 01:50 AM
First Mate

Ahhh ignore 'frequent cruiser' Sandysnow - lots here wld be happy to answer cruisers questions - sort of a 'been there done that' thing...! Sounds like 'frequent cruiser' doesn't get upgraded doesn't it ?? It is not a case of 'wanting' upgrades although I am sure some do..it is simply that if cabins are not purchased the cruiselines elevate people who have taken a 'guarantee'....then try to sell the cabins held in reserve for the guarantee cabins (which are easier to sell 'cause cheaper than the ones given as upgrades). What can be wrong with that except it creates jealousy among those who 'question' why people need them - right? Happy cruisin' all! :0)