Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM
VanessaBroady

Default Canada Cruise Racial Makeup

Hello to Everyone,

Ok I hope this will not sound like a strange question, but I don't know where else to ask. My husband and I are an interracial couple (He's African American, I am caucasion). We have been on several Carribean cruises, including our honeymoon 03/04. My husband is leaving for Officer Candidate school with the Army and I am so proud of him and would like to surprise him with a cruise before he is off. I thought about trying something diff this time so I thought RCCL Voyager to Canada would be nice (Sept). Just wondering if anyone has been on a cruise to Canada if they noticed if there were any african americans on the cruise and on land bc I don't want him to feel totally uncomfortable. I know this may sound crazy, but plse someone reply Thanks

Vanessa

HAPPY CRUISING
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 02:27 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Canada Cruise Racial Makeup

Ahhhh that is sooo sweet - he is a lucky 'fella'! I am a western Canuk but have travelled a lot to Eastern Canada and there are actually quite a few people of African descent in the Maritime provinces that u wld visit on the cruise and in Quebec (if u are travelling that far). As far as the ship passengers themselves who knows. I have seen many of African descent on one cruise, none on another and sometimes interracial couples as yourselves so I suggest u just go and have a great time. Your fella will have a wonderful experience before he starts his vigorous training (I know it is 'cause I did it in Canada yrs ago with the ladies militia). We Canuks are 'usually' quite nice to be around, very helpful and want to please our tourists and the scenery is second to none plus, and this will plse everyone I am sure, our Canuk 'buck' is still worth less than yours sooo guess what? U get more 'stuff' to take home....Ohhhh the maple syrup is yummy!!! May u both have a marvelous cruise dear!
Old May 9th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Passenger

I live in Halifax and that won't even be an issue here. Lots of cultures and races mix very well in this country. Don't give it another thought.

Old May 16th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Passenger

On our cruise to Canada one of the couples at our table of 8 was African-American and I suppose my husband and I are interracial (he's caucasion and I'm Hispanic). Seemed like our table represented a pretty good mix of the ship. In Halifax, I do recall seeing some adults and a number of children of African descent (it was a beautiful day so all the daycare/nurseries were out in the parks with their charges). So I don't think your husband would feel out of place. The folks in both towns are very friendly.
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Frequent Cruiser

I agree, don't worry at all. :-)