Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Passenger

Default VOYAGER OF THE SEA BOARDING TIME

I just read on another board that someone received their papers. It states that you can start boarding at 6pm, but cannot park before 5 pm because of some security issue.
Does anyone know if this is true? I was told you could board earlier. Now I dont know what is going on. Has anyone used the port in Bayonne yet that can help me with this issue?

Thanks LIsa
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: VOYAGER OF THE SEA BOARDING TIME

I am on Voyager this Sunday. I was told we could arrive at 5pm, but there would be no boarding before 6.

I'm a Bayonne resident. I don't know if anyone has used the cruise port in Bayonne yet. I think the Canadian Cruise is the Maiden Voyage from that port for RCI.

There is also information on the Bayonne website:

http://www.bayonnenj.org/royal.htm

Voyager of the Seas to Bermuda

May 2004 Voyager of the Seas to Canada
Old May 14th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Royal themselves told me I can board earlier when I spoke to them on the phone. I know last year we boarded hours before boarding time on the victory to Canada. It was good thing someone told me that, it was my first cruise.
What threw me off was someone talking about the parking time. I was wondering if anyone had encountered this yet, since this is a new port.

Lisa
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Passenger

just booked a cruise for oct 17 voyager 5 night canada and was advised that i can
board at 1pm......
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
RobW

Hi Lisa:

I am going on the Voyager on June 27th doing the 5 night Canada cruise. I just talked with RCI and they are saying that boarding time is 6pm. The parking is an interesting question and they did not have a response to that. All they know is 12.00 per day and pay in cash. IF anyone has more info on this sailing let me know.

Cheers, ROB
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:58 PM
pnqu213

I'll also be on the June 27th sailing. I have read that it differs from sailing to sailing, but the policy is no boarding before 6. I also read the no parking before 5, but it had to do with the other sailing disembarking, and leaving before the new sailing can park. I am not sure how strictly that would be enforced.

Sorry I wasn't too much help.
Old June 4th, 2004, 01:50 PM
hcat

I have heard it isnot a very organized scene so I would check these boards next few weeks & have your TA get some up to date nfo...
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:13 AM
RobW

Hey guys....as we get closer to sailing I will get the scoop from Royal Caribbean....since I am also a Cruise Travel agent ! I am sure that the whole time thing has to do with some security measures and that the new port is not functioning that well yet.
Old June 7th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Marcyanne

Default Re: Re: VOYAGER OF THE SEA BOARDING TIME

I am a travel agent and just went to see the new port. You can park directly at the pier. It is really very easy. I don't know about boarding time though. I happen to be taking my family on July 25 and don't know myself what time we could board. Keep checking with RCL.
Old June 8th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Gerif

Default Re: Re: Re: VOYAGER OF THE SEA BOARDING TIME

I was on the 5/30 cruise to Canada. If you are going to Canada, you may not board before 6 p.m. as stated in the documents. If you are going to the Caribbean, you may board earlier. Reason being that the 9-day Caribbean cruise does not dock until noon on the day that the Canada cruise leaves. It also appears to take longer to clear Customs (there's a lot more to buy in the Caribbean, I guess). The Canada cruise, however, docks at 7 a.m., thus allowing earlier boarding time for the Caribbean cruisers.
Old June 8th, 2004, 07:09 PM
ROBW

Haaaa. It is all making sense now Gerit. Did you like your Canada Cruise? Any suggestions or hints?
Old June 13th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: VOYAGER OF THE SEA BOARDING TIME

That does make sense. The voyager is only coming in from the caribbean at 12 on the day I am leaving. So it does make sense that I will not be able to get on till about 6 pm. Royal had told me I could board at 1. But now that i know this, I will not go early or I may be waiting 5 hours prior to being able to board.

Thanks for the info...