Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:18 PM
mcw voyager #2 this yr

Default WEATHER IN SEPT IN HALIFAX AND NEW BRUNSWICK

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO EXPECT MID-SEPT AT THESE PORTS?
I KEEP HEARING ALL DIFFERENT THINGS, IS IT REALLY ALWAYS FOGGY? HOW COLD WILL IT BE? (I LIVE IN NORTHERN NY, AND SEPT CAN BE BEAUTIFUL) WHAT ARE SEA CONDITIONS FROM NY TO CANADA?
THANKS
MCW, VOS 9/19/04
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:16 PM
Haze

Default Re: WEATHER IN SEPT IN HALIFAX AND NEW BRUNSWICK

jAugust 21/28 will be our third time on this cruise local. The weather at night can be cool. Suring the day it should not be any different than it is for you in northern NEw York.
It is not always foggy but it can be.
The water can sometimes be rough where the Stl lawrence River joins the ocean.
We have had it rough there on both occaisons.
You will enjoy this cruise. it is such a differnt locale. i imagine you will be in quebec city. If you have never been there, it is a must see.
Enjoy your cruise.
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:44 PM
hcat

Do you think there could be any daytime swimming at the outdoor pools on sea days? This is our first trip north & wonder how diferent it will be--would still like some of the pool & spa experience.
Old June 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are sailing Carnival Victory New York to Canada on September 25, 2004.

We too as well have read different reports on the weather. Some say "Fog,Fog,Fog". and that the fog horn blow every few minutes day and night.

We have read as well that the days can be rather nice , but chilly nights.

Also read that the waters, sea just depends of course on the weather, calm or stormy.

I remember reading somewhere last fall when I begin searching the boards and trying to gather info on this cruise that Halifax was hit with a hurricane, but went to read on about it and according to weather record it only hits there in so many years.

So we are hoping that the weather will be good storm wise. The hot or cold part want bother us.

RCI Mariner 2005 St. Thomas St Marteen
NCL Star 2006 Seattle to Alaska
NCL Pride of Aloha 2007 Hawaii Island Hopping
url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM
ginamarie

I just got back from a cruise to Halifax and New Brunswick today. The weather was great for touring around town, NOT great for swimming or sunbathing. In September, the weather should be comparable to now in that area, or a little cooler in September. We did have some fog on the way up, and the fog horn was used (it's a maritime rule of the road that the ships have to use their horn in fog), but we didn't hear it when we were in our room. As you would imagine, the nights are cooler than the days, and I would definately bring a couple of sweaters/jackets. Obviously, you're in the north Atlantic, not the Caribbean Sea! It was beautiful though, and you should have a great time!

As for hurricanes, they are rare in Halifax, but the city is still recovering from damages incurred last fall. The Halifax gardens were closed, but they're scheduled to re-open on July 1, so you'll be able to see them.
Old June 12th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Passenger

we did that same cruise a few years ago, we left the 1st week in Sep. The weather is about the same as in the NY. The mornings are a little chilly{light jacket}it gets a little warmer in the afternoon than a little cooler at night. The day we left NYC it was overcast and started drizzeling. There was some fog that night but nothing major. As for the days, we had sunshine most of the time. A light jacket or windbraker should do fine. To me it was just a little too cool for the pool,but there were some kids in it. Also some adults in the hot tub. As for the sea conditions it is a little more moving than the carib{it is the North Atlantic}but nothing that bad. If there is bad weather or a storm front near by you will feel more rocking and rolling,but again nothing that drastic. I wouldnt worry. I will tell you that you dont seem to push that many tropical drinks as they do on the carib cruises, the pool games are few and far between and the ice craving demo is a no go{lol}

Have a great time
MI5
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Al Walker

As a Tour guide and living here all my life I think i can answer your inquirey.Generally speaking sept is a very beautiful month here along with october. Its not always foggy but Mother Nature certainly is the grand old gal that governs everthing. Temps usuall in low to mid 70s. halifax is steeped in history and a beautiful city to visit. i assume you will be stopping here. Like most vacations weather will be the luck of the draw. Any other info you require please dont hesitate to ask Regards
Old June 16th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to downeaster70

Being a tour guide here I feel I can answer you with confidence. September & October here in Halifax are generally very pleasant but Mother Nature being the lady she is governs weather everywhere. temps usually in 70s and on the coast very comfortable with sea breezes.Halifax has much to offer in sight seeing being a very historic City along with many fine Reseraunts.