Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Default Getting to port via bus... questions

Hello all,

My husband and I are taking our first cruise to Novia Scotia in Aug. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary!! We are trying to figure out how to get to the port. We are taking a bus from Ct. to the Port Authority, but where is the ship from there and how do we get to it??? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Also.. is there a formal night on 4 day cruises?? We've never been and would LOVE any advice on anything.. rough seas... what to pack...what do we wear for dinner.. casual or dressy.... what to do on the ship.. When do we get off when we get back.. out by a certain time? I thought I heard 9am.. not sure.. Anyway.. please let me know..

Have a sparkling day everyone!!!
Audra
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:48 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Re: Getting to port via bus... questions

What port are you talking about? NYC?

There is most likely one formal night on a 4day cruise, you should dress formal obviously for that night and the others would be semi-formal (no jeans,etc.)

Rough seas are a possibility, but they can also be very calm, you just never know.

You can go to http://www.cruisediva.com for a good packing list or check out the forum dedicated to packing and what to wear here in CruiseMates.

What time you get off the ship when you return depends on what time it comes in.

~Carey

Post Edited (06-20-04 09:49)

Old June 20th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Passenger

sorry... yes, the port of NYC....
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Port authority bus terminal is in fact only a few blocks from the ports in NY. If you have a bunch of luggage you can get a cab and it will be fairly inexpensive. Bail out of the cab and walk if he gets caught in any heavy traffic.
If you have nothing more than a rolling bag or two, walk west on 42nd st. When you get to the river look to the right and you will see all the ships.