Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2004, 05:19 PM
kmaria

Default Canada/New England Cruise June 2005-Clothing? Help!

Hi,
I will be going on Carnival cruise to Canada/New England in June 2005. Anyone been? I have NEVER been on a cruise before and I do not want to look out of place, so any help is appreciated! How many formal nights? What kind of clothing to take for the ship days, nights, and time spent off ship?
Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2004, 09:53 PM
tinna

Default Re: Canada/New England Cruise June 2005-Clothing? Help!

hi, which one are you going on in june2005? i am going on my first cruise too in 2005 to canada on the triumph carnival 6/23/05 to halifax. canada weather is like where i live in connecticut, a little warm and depending on humidity a brezzy night.
Old October 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

The weather in June for New England and Canada is unpredictable to say the least. I would bring shorts and t-shirts for the day, at least two pairs of long pants and a lightweight jacket and/or sweatshirt. This past June we had weather in the 50s and weather in the 80s depending on the day. Hope this helps.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old December 18th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Familiar Face

Well you really need to contact the cruise line to find out exactly what the dress is...
Most lines say absolutely no jeans or t-shirts anywhere public after 6pm. Most will have 2 formals.. Some say wear a tux for the men, but its rare to actually see someone in a tux.. Most just wear nice business suits on formal nights and jackets on the other nights..
You'll see everyhting to trailer trash (sorry know rude) to womed who look like to just go out of prom..
So anythig inbetween is game..
I'd say for sore, you need jeans and t-shirts... maybe a paid of shorts just in case..
and always have a light coat...
I am ALWAYS cold on ships, air conditioning.. so If I am wearing a strapless or short sleeves I always have a wrap or nice silk sweater I can wear with anything.
I live in jeans at home, so I bring plenty.. And evening you dress.. Thats about it..
During the day anytime you can basically wear what ever you want..
But some lines have rules about wearing jeans at all times of the day...
So you just need to check your line..
Have fun Terri
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Yeoman

Would you say that the weather would roughly compare to Alaska for the same time of year? I'm from the Gulf Coast, so I don't know how you define "light jacket". Also, I get cold easily and am not used to the cold. I took a heavy jacket to Alaska and was glad I did.

Carnival Inspiration
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:07 PM
Bud

Suggest you check the weatherchannel.com for each port you will visit. They have excellent temperature and rainfall data for every day of the year. I have found the data to be very useful for cruise clothing planning.

You should have excellent weather in June. Light clothing and a jacket or sweater for the evening.

Bud