Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:37 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Just back! 13-nights on the Constellation Canada/New England

Just got back from a fabulous cruise to Canada and New England out of NYC on the Celebrity Constellation.

If you have any questions, just ask away.
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2004, 08:32 AM
Mateli

Default Re: Just back! 13-nights on the Constellation Canada/New Eng

Hi Cruzcrazy! How was the sea?Rough or plain?Wich places did you prefer and why.The weather at this time of the year?I've been on the millenium and I loved this ship.Thanks have a good day. Mateli
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:05 AM
hcat

We did the same one on 9/20 What port did you like best How was your day in Saguenay?
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:20 AM
CruzCrazy

Mateli - the seas were not rough at all. The weather was fabulous, no rain, temps averaged about 60 every day.

Hcat - Quebec, Newport, Saguenay Cruising and Halifax and St. John (in that order) were my favorites.

Syndney, Cornerbrook were nothing to write home about.

Loved the Saguenay cruising, we were up in the Rendevouz Lounge and set up our chairs to look out and get a panoramic view. Met some great people us there as well.

If you count NYC as a port as well....well it's my old hometown, I spent 6 days there to enjoy her...Circle Line cruise, Cental Park, two Broadway plays, shopping and walked my little tootsies off. The weather was great there as well.

Next year the Connie is doing Martha's Vineyard and Maine and Quebec with other ports as well. That will be a nice cruise. Maybe even nicer than the one I went on. Something for the future.
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Mateli

Many thanks to you cruzcrazy. I'm leaving tomorrow from Quebec to reach Fort Lauderdale on November 13, Mateli from Quebec City.
Old November 7th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Marty O'Connell

My wife wants to see the fall foliage in New England and Canada.

Is that the time of the year you went?

How was it?

Marty
Old November 12th, 2004, 11:43 AM
CruzCrazy

We went on October 11-24. We did see some nice fall foliage, but we were told in Halifax that it would have been nicer if the end of one of the hurricanes didn't come up that far and the winds blew off most of the foliage.

We did a country tour in Quebec and the leaves were yellow and red, alot of color there.

It's hard to predict when the best time is because it all depends on the weather every year.

I would consider the New England/Canada cruise for at least 10 or more days at the end of September or first week in October.

Keep in mind, the ships only cruise this for a few weeks then head down to the Caribbean.

If you want my opinion, if you can manage 13-nights, Celebrity Constellation's 13-nighter is a wonderful cruise. My second choice would be the Jewel of the Seas.

Just make sure that Quebec is on the itinerary. It was the best port and a must-see for everyone.
Old November 21st, 2004, 06:39 PM
hcat

We really enjoyed our trip 9/20 on Constellation & hope to do same again in 06...what a great itin...
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:46 PM
CruzCrazy

hcat

The itin next year has changed for the better. The 13-nighter is a great cruise.

We didn't care for Sydney or Cornerbrook so I'm glad they are offering Boston, Martha's Vineyard and Bar Harbor and Portland Maine. Quebec was the highlight and I noticed they left that one as is as well as Halifax.

This is a fabulous itinerary.

I hope they offer this one again. It's a must for anyone.
Old December 23rd, 2004, 05:54 PM
Passenger

Can you tell me more about Halifax and St. John's? Best places for sightseeing, shopping etc. We are booked on a 5 night cruise next summer to those ports of call, and I would like to start planning. Did you do the ships trips, or venture on your own?
Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Familiar Face

I've got a question...
We are going on a 7 day... Halifax is one of the stops... The "tours" offered, I literally am not interested in any of them...
So whats the port like?? Pier 21 has lots of shopping within walking distance? Did you do anything there you enjoyed?
Thanks Terri
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back! 13-nights on the Constellation Canada/New

Were there car rental companies near the ports of call??

Old January 15th, 2005, 06:54 PM
hcat

Take a tour in Halifax or at least go further than the pier--you won't see anything of a beautiful fun city. Pier twenty one is sort of flea marketish--very dark. Within a short walk from the ship is a waterfront area with shops & reatuarants & places to sit. It is lovely. At least do that. But certainly get downtown (you could walk there & pass some historic bldgs & a nice brewery) Also wn enjoyed the tour & views from the citadel--once downtown you can walk around there (very safe & friendly) & do a walking tour n your own. Also some nice pubs & many things to explore in Halifax--just a fun place don't miss it! There is a great website by Mike Cambell that reviews some of the great places!