Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:54 PM
CruzCrazy

Default If anyone is thinking of doing Canada/New England in 2005

Celebrity has outdone itself with this itinerary! This is going to be a sell out.

If you are considering a Canada/New England cruise and have 13-days to spare, the Constellation's 13-night Canada/New England on September 22, 2005 is a must.

This cruise itin stops in:

Boston
Martha's Vineyard
Bar Harbor and Portland Maine
as well as two days in Quebec
and the Saguenay River

This is a wonderful intinerary and I do hope they offer this one again.

I went this past October and the itin was not as good as this one..... but it, too, was a fabulous cruise. No complaints here.
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Linda G.

Default Re: If anyone is thinking of doing Canada/New England in 200

Dear CruzCrazy,
We booked the Canada New England cruise on Holland America departing Norfolk,
Virginia on May 12th. My husband, Rob and I are truly big fans of Celebrity Cruise Line but, since we live in Virginia Beach, which is at Norfolk's doorstep it was nice to save on transportation (we only have to fly back one way from Montreal). We are only sorry that, when Celebrity went out of Baltimore to Canada and New England we did not take advantage of that opportunity!
Our itinerary is really good; from Norfolk we go to Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec City, cruise through the Seguaney Fjord and end up in Montreal. We decided to splurge in Montreal by staying at the Fairmont. We were so pleased with the Fairmont in Vancouver because of its amenites and location that, when we researched a hotel to stay in Montreal the Fairmont came to our mind because of its proximity to fine restaurants, sites and shopping.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise!
Old December 17th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Passenger

I'll be cruising Canada/New England on the Golden Princess on October 15!!!

Old December 19th, 2004, 06:38 PM
hcat

Have fun all. We did not know what to expect but our trip last Sept was absolutely fabulous--esp. Saguenay & Quebec.
Old January 9th, 2005, 08:48 AM
tinna

i/m doing the triumph trip to canada from new york, but i am going to bethinking about that one for later
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: If anyone is thinking of doing Canada/New England in

Linda, we are also going on this cruise and looking forward to it. Our last cruise was out of Baltimore in November and stopped in Norfolk, it is a nice temporary docking facility that they have, until they build the permanent pier that is promised. I wish Baltimore would make a committment as there are plenty of people interested from Wash/Balt/Phil/PA to keep ships busy.......instead with no passenger pier, only one ship is committed to going out of Baltimore during 2005.

Anyway, we are looking forward to seeing the pretty flowers during the spring in ME/Canada, versus trying to catch the fall colors. We have those same fall colors where we live, so we are taking this cruise. Randy
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
hcat

Cruz Crazy
we enjoyed the Constellation trip this yr to Newport, NS & Quebec,& think we might consider the new great itin but in 06. Also thinking about the one on Royal (only 7 days) whihc does Maine Newport etc but does not hit Quebec. Cruisemates on our trip have already booked the Connie trip for next yr--it was a great ship & a perfect cruise experience!
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Linda G.

Dear Randy,
I am now just checking Cruisemates.com after being abroad in the Netherlands for a few days. I am glad to hear that you will be on this cruise also. Norfolk was very wise to vie for having ships homeported there. It certainly makes cruising a lot more affordable if one does not have to fly to a port and also spend a night in a hotel prior to cruising. As for Baltimore, we took a Celebrity cruise to the eastern caribbean that departed from there. What I liked most about this cruise was the fact that it spent a day in Charleston prior to heading for the eastern caribbean.
Baltimore should spend the money and vie for the cruise industry; it is centrally located and it would bring in a lot of tourism as many people like to see the home port prior and post cruise. As for our cruise to Canada @ New England, we are thrilled that the cruise ends in Montreal. We have never been there and are looking forward to seeing some of the city's attractions prior to flying back home to Norfolk.
As you can see my email is listed; I would like yours so we can correspond and possibly link up prior or while on the cruise
Old January 25th, 2005, 01:21 PM
linda g.

Randy,
I forgot to give you my email address: it's yenta_linda@hotmail.com. It would be great to hear from you! Do you know anybody else booked on Holland America's Maasdam, bound for Canada @ New England on May 12? Have you ever been on Holland America before?
This is our first booking with Holland America; we decided to try this line since it leaves from right here in Norfolk.
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:00 PM
First Mate

We are doing the 10/24/05 repositioning cruise on the Sea Princess that goes from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale.
Frank-in-CA
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Donna S.

Yes, we are going on the Triumph out of NYC Sept. 5 2005. I have enjoyed reading
all the info on these boards about the two ports, St. Johns and Halifax. I have yet to see a roll call for this cruise so I may have to start one.
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Shopper4Life05

Yes! I'm going on Royal Caribbean -- Enchantment of the Seas 7/31/05.. Very Excited! Haven't been to New England/Canada!!
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Margie Stinson

Am thinking of doing the Canada/New England cruise fall 05. Can anyone tell me which time is the best to view the fall colors? I live in Houston where we dont' have ANY fall colors, so that is very important to my date choice. Thanks for the advice.

Margie in Houston
Old February 11th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Ginamarie

Margie-- fall colors are best viewed during late September through mid October.
Old February 13th, 2005, 06:13 PM
JohnL.

Hi Frank!
Been looking all over for folks on this cruise. We will be flying from FLA to Quebec for this one.
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: If anyone is thinking of doing Canada/New Englan

My SIL, who recently moved from FL to South Carolina, is joining us as are two neighbor couples. Our TA has a party of about 60 all together and she is going to be on board too. I won't have to go far if anything is out of line. (G)
Frank-in-CA