Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2005, 09:33 PM
LShea

Default South St. Station to Boston Pier

Hi,

We're booked on the Jewel's repo cruise in Nov. Bonanza leaves Providence and arrives at the South Station (700 Atlantic Ave.). Can we get a taxi from there to the Pier?
Where is the pier? It appears to be about 2 miles east of South Station. Is Black Falcon Terminal in the piers south of Logan? Help!

Lori
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2005, 07:22 PM
Henry

Default Re: South St. Station to Boston Pier

Hi. I have sailed out of Boston 4x on NCL Majesty. All 4x i took the bus from Newport RI. The ride to the pier coat me $10.00 including tip. It is a short ride to the pier. The taxis are lined up outside the station. Enjoy your cruise.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 12:24 PM
LShea

Thanks Henry!

Lori
Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Henry

Default Re: Re: South St. Station to Boston Pier

Glad i could help. Enjoy your cruise Henry
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Amadna

lshea... wow- im not theo nly one from RI here
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
Parrot Mom

The Black Falcon Pier is a hop, skip and ajump from South Station... I really don't know if the bus stops there, but there are lots of cabs.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Henry

Parrot mom The bus does not go to the Black Falcon Terminal.
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Parrot Mom

Living West of Boston and cruising more than ten times out of the Pier...our car knew the way...but with the new roads opened twice ended up at the airport...lol
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Henry

Parrot Mom Driveing through boston now with the new roads and tunnels must be a nightmare.
Old April 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Parrot Mom

Actually it works!!! When we get off the new ramp to get to the port from the west you take a sharp right...the last tme there was a truck in front of us and we couldn't see the sign.. Boston driving is not for the faint of heart that is for darn sure.. The Big Dig with all it;s problems and costs is actually working. If you know the North End you will be surprised that the overhead roads have been taken down and there is actually sunlight After using the Black Falcon Pier I never want to go back to Miami. Homeland cruising started with NCL in Boston and now all along the East Coast.. It's a blessing for those who do not want to fly (not me).. May try to squeeze in a cruise to Bermuda for the 11th time before our big one in October from Barcelona
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM
booboo4031

Heck the way the big dig tunnels are leaking they'll be able to dock at Faniuel Hall soon <lol>

Old May 6th, 2005, 04:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: South St. Station to Boston Pier

booboo ez does it...I travel over 3,000 miles a month in and around the Boston area ( I cover all of the 495 loop for you locals)...and the leaks are way overblown....The big Dig has really opened up the city I am no longer afraid to go to Logan or the North Shore... Boston drivers ARE awfull The only ones that are worse are the drivers in a tinly little cow town know as Wellsley ! <vbg>

If you needed to you could walk from South Station to the Black Falcon. A short cab ride.

NCL Boston to Bermuda