Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Eve

Default Canada in August on Enchantmnent

My husgand and I are first time cruisers. Taking my 8 year old son to Canada/New England in August 2005. Anything a must see ? Any suggested activities? Still quite a few months away, I'm just so excited I can't seem to stop thinking about it.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Morticia

Default Re: Canada in August on Enchantmnent

Which week? We are going Aug 7th from Philly and can't wait. Second cruise for us, the first was on the Disney Magic last year. Our kids are 11 and 14.
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Eve

We are also going August 7th through the 14th out of Philadelphia. We were actually thinking of doing Disney for our first Cruise, however I didn't want to go through the hassle of catching the flight, it's more convenient for me to book out of Phila. I can not wait until August...We are really looking forward to it, my son is very excited about the trip.

How was the Disney cruise?
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Morticia

Disney was wonderful. My mother-in-law took the family - 10 of us, with kids ranging in age from 6 -19. She had wanted a different (cheaper) line but we (my sister-in-law and I) were very apprehensive about crusing and convinced her to go Disney. I really have no complaints. There was so much that we DIDN'T do. The cousins wanted to spend time together so they didn't really use the kids facilities. We did the Western Carribean and LOVED Grand Caymen. Found this guy (Rubin) on the street that offered us and excursion/tour for $15pp. It was wonderful - just 5 of us and he answered all our questions and waited with mom-in-law in the air conditioned van while we did a quick swim at the beach. Perfect. We didn't like Cozumel much. Didn't feel safe. We took the snorkling excursion/bird show. The show was a waste and the snorkling was just OK. Castaway cay is awesome! even with the dreary weather. The shows were OK. We discovered we really liked the comedy/magic shows better than the broadway style shows. Loved the free self-serve drink station - will miss that on RCL. Didn't use room service. Food was great and service was very attentive but our waiter was a bit obvious that he was looking for a good tip. Desserts were a bit bland. We are hooked on cruising now. This trip will be the four of us and both mothers. Oy. We live in Connecticut and this will be a wonderful way to see places that would be such a pain to see otherwise.
Eileen (Morticia is a screen name I have used since college)
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Eve

Eileen it sounds like you had a great first cruise experience. I have the feeling that my husband and I will be cruise addicts as well. I hear wonderful things about RCL, and I think the addition to the enchantment ship wil make it even better. I've never been to Canada/New England, however I hear it is absolutely beautiful. My son is looking forward to the light houses. August is just too far away!!
Evelyn