Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2005, 11:33 PM
KMK

Default What was your favorite sites in Vancouver?

HI! We will be in Vancouver the end of the month comming off of HAL. It's my Birthday and we don't know what to see or do. I think I would like to take a carrige city tour or sea plane tour? What do you reccommend??
Kathleen
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2005, 01:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: What was your favorite sites in Vancouver?

kmk

i love vancouver. it is so diverse and offers so many things to do and see. grouse mt and suspencion bridge are great things to do . also stanley park is not too be missed. you can take a carriage ride there ( i hope i am correct on that). also grandville market is a wonderful way to spend some time in the shops and the market offers so many great things. gas and china town are also fun. the list goes on and on. try going to www.bcpassport.com and see all there is too do in vancouver. and the best way to get a great hotel in downtown vancouver is through priceline. just pick a 4 star and for around $55 you can get a great room. this is just a suggestion of course.
www.hellobc.com also has great hotel rates and packages too choose from. have a great birthday and cruise.

Old May 31st, 2005, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What was your favorite sites in Vancouver?

it is a country club city; there aren't that many touristy things to do....There is a trolley service if you are interested in seeing the city and yes there are carriages in stanley park if you are interested. Besides that, If I would just spend those few days relaxing. If you will be here for three or more days, i would recommend heading onto Vancouver Island: enjoy!
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Familiar Face

We were in Vancouver pre cruise end of May. We enjoyed the Van Dusen Gardens very much. We were told the gardens change looks with each season and each one is beautiful. Buses will run by there and the bus drivers are very helpful in getting youaround the area. Be sure you have Canadian money for bus fare if you use bus system.