Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Mary Ann

Default Add on day in Boston

We are going on the RC cruise leaving Boston on Sept. 11 for New England/Canada. Just wondering if we should add a day on before the cruise to tour Boston. Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Bob Burke

Default Re: Add on day in Boston

Boston is a great city to tour. You can walk to many places or use the sight seeing trolleys that cost about $20 dollars for the day. You can get on and off at different sites all day. Most hotels deal with the trolleys and can set it up for you.
Bob
Nashua NH
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:36 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Yes! You definetly should. I recently took a cruise from NY with Boston being one of the ports of call and I wished I could just stay there instead of get back on the ship. Boston is a great city - I have been back since and spent another 3 days there and still didnt do everything I wanted to do!

Have fun!
Old July 15th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Parrot Mom

One day in Boston...don't be ridiculous..you will need at least two or three and with the influx of college kids and their parents and leaf peepers make your hotel reservations now.. Boston is a walkable city..lots of history, great seafood everywhere, the North end for the best Italian food, Chinatown..and just a great place.. One of the things that surprised me when we were on an unexpected trip north instead of Bermuda.. we stopped at Boston and stayed aboard ship..Our shipmates couldn't get over how clean and how walkable the city was.. There is also a Bostix in Copley Square..great location.. for half price theatre tickets.. We are cruising from Barcelona and I am kicking myself that I've only allowed two nights..drat.