Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to SJcruiser
Default Hotels in NYC DEC05

We are departing on QM2 on DEC 20, 05 on a 2 week Caribbean cruise. We are a group of 14 (10 adults and 4 kids) and need 6 rooms somewhere in Manhattan arriving on DEC 17 til the 20th. I've checked quite a few hotels but there's so many of them it's mind-boggling. Can anyone reccomend a moderately priced yet well located hotel. Any recomendations are welcome

Destiny 2001
Explorer of the Seas 2003
Adventure of the Seas 2004
Golden Princess 2005
QM2
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Re: Hotels in NYC DEC05

Hotel Belvedere is a nice boutique hotel on 48th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue.

Their website is www.belvederehotelnyc.com.

I stayed there in May after my Voyager cruise and found the hotel to be very nice and QUIET. It's on 48th Street closer to 8th Ave than 9th. But it's in a great area near Times Square and Central Park.

I stayed at the NY Hilton and Towers on 53rd and Broadway and the Waldorf Astoria last year, and in these hotels you heard a lot of outside noise. NYC is very noisy, sirens, trucks etc all night long. The Belvedere is on a side street and it was very quiet. Anytime I stay in NYC again, I will stay at the Belvedere.

The rooms were clean and quite large. They even have a mini fridge, sink, and microwave. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I did not eat there.

On 47th Street there are many small restaurants and a many places to eat on 8th Avenue as well. The theater district in close by and if you are sightseeing the Grey Line Double-Decker bus and Waterway tour office is right down 8th Avenue.

This is a very centrally located hotel.

Hope this helps as an option.
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Fran Record

We are going to stay at The Travel Inn on 42nd St in Sept. The travel Inn was recommended by friends. 3 people in a room for $150 is very reasonable for NYC. We will be just a few blocks from Times Square and there is a police substation across the street so should feel safe. Plus is free parking while staying there and pool. I could let you know how we liked it when we return Oct 1. But I would book now and cancel later, if you need to; because it books up fast.
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to SJcruiser

Thanks to both of you for the info. The Belvedere was one of my picks too before i posted the thread, and I just checked the Travel Inn on Frommers and both rate nicely. I will be calling both hotels tomorrow to see what they have in price and availability. Fran keep me posted on your impressions of the Travel Inn once you come back.
Thanks again!

Destiny 2001
Explorer of the Seas 2003
Adventure of the Seas 2004
Golden Princess 2005
QM2
Old August 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Fran Record

Will let you know how we like it after our visit! Will take a look at the pool too since you will have kids with you. I think we will see your ship while we are in Sydney, NS. I'm looking forward to the cruise as I'm sure you are.
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:02 AM
zniedda

You might try getting a hotel through Priceline. I will be in NYC on Oct 6th and placed a bid through Priceline for a five star hotel. I got the Waldorf-Astoria at a riduculously low price!!!! You can select the hotel rating and the area in NYC where you want the hotel to be. You will get a much better rate this way and since you select the rating and area you are pretty much guaranteed to get a nice hotel in the area you want.
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Also try Yahoo.com and click on Travel or Travelocity.com

Search, search, search. HOWEVER, you need to book soon. December is the HIGH SEASON in NYC. Christmas shows, the tree at Rockefeller Center is lite up, etc. It's the Christmas season in NY & everyone flocks there.

You will pay more $$ if you book later rather than earlier.